How would you invest 90K?

(8 Posts)
AyrshireKaty Wed 21-Mar-12 11:57:29

Make sure that the company you invest with is covered by the compensation scheme and watch you don't go over the compensation limit per person per institution and all that...

VivaLeBeaver Tue 20-Mar-12 18:18:38

I'd buy a cheapish terrace in a university town and rent it out to students. I'd look at it for providing a retirement income.

Sandrina Tue 20-Mar-12 18:17:39

I would make use of both mine and hubbys isa allowances, then I would put the rest into a collective. Then annually I would move out amounts to isa's.
My hubby is an ifa smile

loopylinda Tue 20-Mar-12 16:36:58

I would buy £30.000 in premium bonds for myself and if you can for your husband/partner whatever.
Mine have done far better than bank rates over the last 13 months.

Frontpaw Tue 20-Mar-12 13:33:26

I would make a cheque to Ms F Paw and send it to...

I'd speak to my IFA, keep a % liquid in a thirty day notice account (in case of emergency).

Think about long term bonds with a minimum or guaranteed return. But don't put all your eggs into one basket, so spread it around.

ifyousayso Tue 20-Mar-12 13:30:57

This is a very short thread.

So far.

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 17-Mar-12 16:19:08

Depends if you prefer 'safe' to 'risky' and whether you're looking to turn a fast buck or if you're thinking longer term. I'd have a ten year plan splitting it between relatively safe investment products and something more risky and interesting like stocks and unit trusts. Property development or the buy to let trade isn't quite as lucrative as it once was but I still think property is a good investment bet over a 10+ year period. I'd probably avoid things like art, fine wines or antiques as I know sod-all about them smile

ilovedjasondonovan Fri 16-Mar-12 19:42:19

If you had no debts and no mortgage what would you do with 90k to make a profit?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now