mortgage reverse

(5 Posts)
shemegjoe Fri 11-May-12 14:41:37

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 25-Feb-12 16:33:44

As I understand it, a reverse mortgage is an equity release scheme, mostly offered in the US. You get some of the capital value of your home either as a lump sum or in installments and it gets paid back at some point in the future e.g. when you die. I've heard mixed things about these schemes, the costs can be high, and you really need to do your homework before opting for one. The BBC's Moneybox programme did a feature on Equity Release back in 2010 Programme Link Here Worth a listen.

dowhatyouwant Fri 24-Feb-12 19:24:24

my mistake .. it's reverse mortgage

QuintessentialyHollow Fri 24-Feb-12 16:39:46

What is mortgage reverse, is it like the bank buying the home back from you, in installments?

dowhatyouwant Fri 24-Feb-12 16:37:05

We are a married couple around early 40's and late 30's with no kids. We have a mortgage on our home and plan to repay it all within the next 5 years and live with mortgage reverse in our senior life on the top of state pension & private pension contributed(15 years)

Could you let me know how it works if you know any?

Would we still need to contribute private pension if we will get mortgage reverse?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now