How long to wait for clomid

(7 Posts)
rosea19 Mon 28-Nov-16 15:58:40

So I conceived my DS after 2 years of TTC and whilst on my first round of clomid. Thankfully it worked first time but I did all my fertility tests, clomid etc privately (I was 33 at the time and didn't want to wait so long for NHS treatment).
So I'm TTC second time round for 12 months (I'm now 36) with no luck but I wanted to know if I could get clomid on the NHS second time around after getting it privately first time? Or would I be better off going private (although I may not be able to afford it this time!). Thanks.

EllaMenoPea Mon 28-Nov-16 16:18:21

I think the general rule is that you won't qualify for NHS funding if you have a child, regardless of how you had them.

It may be different depending on your PCT so it's always worth enquiring but it may be that you need to go private again.

Good luck. We conceived on cycle 1 of Clomid under the NHS and I'm currently pregnant after cycle 5 of Clomid under a private clinic.

Colby43443 Mon 28-Nov-16 17:38:45

In my catchment secondary infertility doesn't qualify for nhs funding.

MmmMalbec Fri 02-Dec-16 20:36:50

I'm having clomid for secondary infertility on the NHS!

Boiing Sun 04-Dec-16 20:19:56

It depends where you live. Some areas won't fund anything to do with infertility if you already have a child, but many will fund the initial investigations / drugs just not actual ivf. I have a child and the nhs are giving me Clomid (am in kent(. Google and you might find your county's policy. Good luck.

Manumission Sun 04-Dec-16 20:22:13

You can get an online consultation and private prescription. Not at all expensive.

mistletoeprickles Thu 08-Dec-16 08:02:25

I have a living child and I have had help on the nhs. The most I can have on the nhs is clomid.
It looks like it'll depend on which trust you fall under. It'll be quite easy to look up though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now