Does stress affect chances of success in IVF treatment?

(5 Posts)
user1478631510 Tue 08-Nov-16 19:12:12

Some interesting new but very early research into cortisol levels in hair as an indicator of likely success. www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEbjdor44O0
www.nottingham.ac.uk/news/pressreleases/2016/october/new-evidence-that-hormone-levels-measured-in-hair-can-affect-outcome-of-ivf-treatment.aspx

Jackie0 Tue 08-Nov-16 19:21:14

Women conceive in famine and war, I'm honestly not convinced that stress plays a part.
I've had 4 IVF with ICSI treatment and to suggest we were unsuccessful because of stress is hurtful.
If a couple need IVF there are other factors influencing the outcome.
Are you having IVF user?
I'd be happy to discuss the craziness it can drive you to.
I followed all the boards and remember becoming practically superstitious about the protocol.

FleurThomas Wed 09-Nov-16 01:00:53

I disagree. I think genetics also plays a huge part. Some women, especially non-white european women, are known to have a trickier time with IVF. If stress really was a blocker than no Indian woman (where everybody is highly stressed, living with in-laws, expected to be beautiful and work full time while running the whole house too) would ever get pregnant.

icy121 Tue 22-Nov-16 20:26:40

Of course it doesnt. Stress doesn't cause infertility; infertility causes stress though, said a wise caterpillar.

bananafish81 Tue 22-Nov-16 22:47:33

Hear hear icy ^^

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now