Is everyone pregnant but me??!!

(9 Posts)
Kaylor24 Wed 19-Oct-16 20:08:02

Arghhhhhhh - is it just me or is the world and their wife pregnant atm!!! Women of all ages, celebrities, colleagues, characters on TV....EVERYONE!!! I was in a queue at Boots this evening with 4, yes 4 pregnant women hmmhmmhmm

Does it get any easier smiling at people's newborns and congratulating their pregnancy announcements when everytime you see another post of Facebook of a sonogram image you die a little more inside....

Anyone else??!!........

AgainPlease Wed 19-Oct-16 20:18:45

How long have you been trying for? (Sorry if you are on other infertility threads and I haven't read them).

I think the longer you don't have the children you long for, the worse it gets and the more desperate one becomes.

But everyone is different.

Kaylor24 Wed 19-Oct-16 20:27:27

Hi AgainPlease

Been trying for just over a year but I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure in January so the chances of us conceiving on our own are pretty much zero!!

We have just found a lovely egg donor though who is going through the donation process as we speak so hopefully (if things go to plan) in 3 - 6 months it will be our sonogram on Facebook! Still trying to come to terms with never having a biological child of my own but it's amazing we have been given a chance to get pregnant (even with a donor egg).

X

HandbagCrazy Wed 19-Oct-16 20:49:36

It definitely feels that way OP. It reached a fever pitch around 2 years into ttc and now (3 and a half years in) it's easing a little.
Fingers crossed for you OP - but please please please remember how this feels if it all goes well. Nothing gave me the rage like my friend who struggled (and got very public ally emotional) about her infertility suddenly posting a million "I'm so glad I'm a mummy" fb posts when she got pregnant.

Ilikesweetpeas Wed 19-Oct-16 20:53:27

I really sympathise with you. I eventually got my miracle IVF baby but felt just like you do for a long time. wineflowers and good luck to any of you going through this torturous journey

Kaylor24 Wed 19-Oct-16 20:59:11

Thanks ilikesweetpeas- and congratulations on your little miracle!!

Oh course HandbagCrazy - I will definitely handle any pregnancy announcement (should I be so lucky) delicately - I guess you don't know if all those pregnant ladies have had a struggle to get there do you?

Xx

broodypsycho Thu 20-Oct-16 10:56:45

Yup, feels that way to me too. Everyone else can get pregnant by just looking at a penis it seems! I'm practically starving myself so my bmi goes down so I can be referred for IVF (my bmi is 30, I'm 12st 13) and a work colleague of mine who is 21 stone, reveals she is pregnant after just 6 weeks of trying.
Life sucks sad

Willow21 Thu 20-Oct-16 11:01:00

Same here, one family member just had a baby, my friend had a baby a month ago.....5 other family members /friends pregnant ....

I've had 2 fresh rounds of IVF and 3 frozen embryo cycles. All failed not a sniff of a bfp
Yet everywhere I seem to go everyone is pregnant

Kaylor24 Thu 20-Oct-16 20:20:34

I feel for you ladies so much - it's hard as it's not in my nature to be jealous or envious but how is this fair!!!! Sometimes it really can get you down can't it?

Wishing you both the absolute best of luck with getting your bfp!! Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now