Should I start a new job?

(4 Posts)
MrsDarcy4092 Fri 07-Oct-16 17:42:00

Hi all,

We've been ttc for nearly 3 years. My fertility is deemed normal but my husband has severe OATS so Icsi is our only option. We've seen mr Ramsay who prescribed tamoxifen which made enough difference for Icsi to be an option. We've only got another 2 months of tamoxifen and he won't prescribe more so we have 5 months to get Icsi done.
I left my job as a health visitor a year ago as found it too emotionally difficult visiting new born babies, I've been working as temporary staff since then. I've recently been offered a good job in child protection and hVe accepted. But now I'm wondering if that was wise. Although I won't get maternity pay with the temp work it wil be far better for going through treatment as I can take time off when I want and change my hours. With the new job unless I'm in it for 6 months before getting pregnant I won't get maternity pay anyway. Plus it's full time and when it's a new job trying to get time off and excuse my appointments might be stressful. On the other hand it's an interesting and well paid job.
Additionally of iCSI doesn't work I'm worried about how I will feel doing this job in child protection and not wanting to take time off in a new job. Should I focus on ivf and put career on hold ?

I just don't know what to do and after some advice from people who have been through /going through it.

YouBoggleMyMind Fri 07-Oct-16 21:26:11

Hi mrsd, I am not going through exactly the same thing but I carried on a job I hated for 18 months because I thought I'd get pregnant (naturally or latterly through fertility treatment). It didn't happen and my old job just broke me and so I left and started a knew job: worked out I'd get statutory maternity pay as long as I didn't get pregnant in the first week of my job. It's been 7 months and I'm still not pregnant.
In my personal experience, changing your job and being happy is important. However, I don't know the timelines for your icsi? Xxx

YouBoggleMyMind Fri 07-Oct-16 21:26:56

New*

PurpleRainy Sun 09-Oct-16 19:34:12

Im starting a new job at Xmas and possibly going for ivf privately so its more flexible around work. Im NHS with continuous service so will get mat leave and if i dont well thats lifegrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now