Advice for a wannabedad

(2 Posts)
wannabeadad Thu 06-Oct-16 20:15:11

Hi,

Not sure if this has been covered here before but I did search!

My wife and I are about to embark on our third round of IVF and although we are hopeful I am really keen to offer as much support as possible to her. Although I think I have done on okay in the past more advice is always helpful. Particularly from people who have been through it before.

In all honesty I am not sure what I can do if we don't succeed this time.

So- how can we, as partners offer as much support as we can during this process?

Thank you

HelloMist Fri 07-Oct-16 21:21:24

I wanted to bump this for you even though I couldn't think of a lot of advice!

The fact you're here asking is a great start! Sometimes during the process I felt that it was hard for my husband to engage fully with it. I was the one doing most of it physically so it may have taken longer to feel real for him. Or, like you, he wasn't sure how to support.

Try to do little things to help around the house for example and to show that you care. It's quite a stressful time for you both and when we were snapping at one another it made me feel worse! (And worried that trying for a baby was a bad idea). I suppose ask how she's feeling and be there to listen, but equally help distract her and help her relax (suggest a bath or watching a film together etc) because thinking only about this can drive you crazy.

Hope you get some more suggestions. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now