Just starting on this road. All advice welcome!

(2 Posts)
PlayOnWurtz Fri 30-Sep-16 16:47:56

Dh and I have finally been to the Dr's today to discuss our lack of baby. We are in our mid thirties and have been trying for 3.5 years and had 4 miscarriages in the early days but haven't even caught in 2 years.

I have a dc from a previous relationship who I'm assuming precludes us from anything beyond investigations from the NHS.

I've got to have a load of blood tests and swabs. He's got to wank in a pot wait a week ring for the results and then we go back to the GP for the gynae clinic referral. If his sample is an issue he has to do another test a month later.

What happens after this point?

I have 24 day cycles so my gp isn't doing the 21 day blood tests.

BirdyBoo Sat 01-Oct-16 23:08:57

Hi Play,
Sounds like I'm just ahead of you in this road. Different situation, ttc #1 for 2 years but recently confirmed DHs swimmers fried from chemo. We're both 35 and been referred for nhs funded ivf.
Started investigations with GP in Feb, advised we needed all sorts of tests within a three month window (bloods and swabs for me, plus rubella status and analysis for DH).
Hospital referral took about eight weeks, then cancelled twice but thankfully we got a cancellation a few weeks ago.
Hosp did hiv and hormonal blood tests for both of us, checked bmi and booked me for a scan.
Clinic referral came through really quickly and we're booked in for first appt early Nov.
So far so good...
Hope that helps smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now