Progesterone pessary - legs up after?!

(8 Posts)
ellesbellesxxx Thu 29-Sep-16 19:00:36

Hi all,
Had egg collection yesterday and have been told to have 3 pessaries a day - they said morning, lunch and dinner time.
At the moment that is absolutely fine as I am off work - however, I am rather concerned about going back to work and inserting a pessary at lunchtime - am I supposed to keep feet up afterwards to absorb it or would it be absorbed anyway if I was walking around after?
Sorry for the rather bizarre question - thanks so much for any advice!

Blue2014 Thu 29-Sep-16 19:07:59

Oh lunch is inconvenient! Can you ask the clinic? I took morning and evening and had to lie down for 20 mins after each

ellesbellesxxx Thu 29-Sep-16 19:15:25

Blue thank you for reply! I will ask when I go back for ET - I can't think how I can get around it unless I lie down at work !!!!(Teacher - so tricky!)

TammySwanson Thu 29-Sep-16 21:01:15

I think it depends where you take it - if you take it vaginally then I think they do advise you to lie down for a bit afterwards but if you take it rectally (as I do) then it ain't going anywhere and it's OK to stay upright.

ellesbellesxxx Thu 29-Sep-16 21:11:05

Thanks Tammy... Been doing it vaginally so will need to think about logistics!

Blueroses99 Thu 29-Sep-16 21:57:54

I actually decided to take my morning pessary when I got to work in order to space them more evenly so they were 12 hours apart (10am/pm). I switched to taking them rectally as it was much less messy, more comfortable and I didn't have to worry, as Tammy says it was not going anywhere!

pinkapples Fri 30-Sep-16 08:20:07

I'm taking mine vaginally and was told that the actual progesterone absorbs within 10mins so after that it's fine to move xx

ellesbellesxxx Fri 30-Sep-16 08:31:10

Thank you all, much appreciated xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now