Rough Ivf timings please

(4 Posts)
MrsDarcy4092 Mon 26-Sep-16 07:26:21

Hi all
I start a new job a month before our appointment to start ivf. Not great timing so I'm nervous about fitting it all in. We're paying privately so hoping to be able to have early morning or evening appointments when possible but I wondered if someone can tell me the rough timings of egg collection and egg transfer in terms of cycle days please? Thank you!!

RoseBud2016 Mon 26-Sep-16 15:46:34

EC is usually CD14-16 and ET is usually CD19-21. ET is always 5 days after EC if you are waiting to get your embryos to blasts, but if you don't produce so many eggs your clinic may suggest you have a 3 day old embryo transferred instead.
The date of your EC will depend on how quickly you respond to stims- I took longer to stim than others so until you have a first go of IVF it's hard to be more precise than that.

Good luck!

bananafish81 Mon 26-Sep-16 15:54:52

When you start stims depends on your protocol

You may end up down regging for up to 2.5 weeks before you start stims - so long protocol is quite a lot longer time wise than short protocol

icy121 Tue 27-Sep-16 07:35:27

Hi MrsD. You'll need a day off for the egg collection. Bear in mind you might get ovarian hyper stimulation. I did and needed the rest of the week off. They then did a freeze all which at the time was so frustrating, but the few months between IVF and FET at least gives credit to my "ovarian cysts" explanation of why I was in the hospital! Good luck and keep coming back if you need to. Lots of knowledge here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now