How do you cope with the idea it won't ever happen?

(2 Posts)
youneeQuorn Fri 22-Jul-16 17:16:58

1 birth surprise DS. PCOS. Endometriosis. 32 yrs old DH 37 yrs old

Adoption won't be an option for us. I highly doubt surrogacy would be either as can't see us being in a financial situation to afford it.

I think I'm going through a moderate depression and having mild panic attacks that I won't ever have a "complete family" - this would have seemed so selfish and stupid before I had DS but it's happening. I need to find purpose in something other than creating my 'ideal' family and I know the anxiety won't help me conceive

Does anyone else get these "panics" that it won't happen? How do you navigate them?

motherchuckinhen16 Fri 22-Jul-16 19:44:39

For me personally it's about focusing on what I have rather than what I probably won't ever have due to infertility.
I have no birth children but now do feel fulfilled through my job working with children. Have felt very low in the past wanting my life to be different I.e. not being infertile.
It's human nature to always want what we haven't got and the grass always looks greener.
Try to stay positive and live in the present moment, there is no such thing as the perfect family or life, everyone has their issues and problems. I hope you feel better soon xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now