How soon can you do a FET after a BFN?

(7 Posts)
Bear2014 Tue 12-Jul-16 16:48:34

I'm pretty sure we're out this month after our fresh cycle, 4 days till OTD and very stark negatives. We have some frozen blastocysts and I'd like to crack on as soon as possible. Can you theoretically do the very next cycle, i.e. transfer in a few weeks from now?

FeelingForSnow Tue 12-Jul-16 18:17:42

I am sorry to hear it didn't work. Mine didn't work either. Had BFP in April but MC in May.

Usually clinics recommend to have at least one full bleed after your cycle, that is, bleed after BFP, next period and then wait for another to start medication.

It does entirely depend what your clinic will recommend based on how your previous cycle went and your health in general.

It might be that they say you can go ahead straight away but if the clinic is busy enough you might end up waiting anyways.

But from my experience, I wanted to go ahead straight away. But you do end up waiting ages for the next period, mine was 56 days. My clinic appointment was on CD6 (busy clinic, I booked app immediately after MC and took what I was given and that was in 2 moths).

It is a good time to calm down. Emotionally and physically. Your ovaries just had a massive party, I think it is better for them and you to have some rest.

I am waiting for my next period, which I think will take ages too. I am on day 10 now.

I was absolutely heart broken and I honestly think it is for the best to wait a bit.

Bear2014 Tue 12-Jul-16 18:34:22

Hiya, I had a miscarriage in April too, after an IUI in February. Sorry for your loss, it really is the worst.

It's the waiting around that kills me! I ended up having to have an ERPC 6 whole weeks after the MC which was the big delay for us. We really didn't want a big age gap between siblings so it agitates me so much when we can't just get on with it.

I really hope you get cracking soon. good luck.

bananafish81 Tue 12-Jul-16 21:46:15

So sorry about your BFN, hope you can be kind to yourself flowers

I was told we could go straight into a FET if our fresh was BFN

My Dr said 3 months between fresh but we could go straight into a FET as soon as I got my period (we're doing short protocol FET so there wouldn't be any down regging)

As it was, I got a BFP, but miscarried at 10w

Had the ERPC same day, but it took 8 weeks to un-pregnant me due to retained products (and needing a hysteroscopy 6 weeks post ERPC)

As soon as my levels were normal 2 weeks post hysteroscopy (ie 8 weeks post ERPC) I started stims for a 3rd fresh cycle - we did freeze all for PGS

The plan was to go straight into a FET from the fresh (we didn't have a transfer, but timeline wise it would have been exactly the same) but I didn't have a proper withdrawal bleed, so we're doing a dummy FET now to work on my lining

It all depends on your Dr, your body, and how you're feeling. My Dr said it was about being physically and emotionally ready. On the latter point we wanted to crack on asap.

Bear2014 Wed 13-Jul-16 06:14:58

Hi bananafish, wow it sounds like you have been through the mill too. Good luck with it all.

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 26-Jul-16 15:22:08

Clinic advised me to try the following month and once I started to bleed to contact them for medication dose - which for a fet (for me) was 4mg for 4days then 6mg for the rest of the cycle

Think it varies how much emotional stress you can cope with

I was of mind that wanted to carry on assp (I was 42) so after failed one in Jan (3rd attempt) went onto next one Feb (4th) but sadly that also failed

Left it a few months as mind and body wasn't in right place and then went back early this month. Waiting now 2ww - but did test the other day (early) and negative so assume this fet has failed as well but will Obv test on the right day

Talk to your clinic and see what they advise

lucieloos Tue 26-Jul-16 16:03:23

My clinic have also said its ok to go straight into a fet after bfn. It all depends on how you feel emotionally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now