Fertility treatment abroad if UK leaves EU?

(6 Posts)
chestnut20 Fri 10-Jun-16 07:11:01

Does anyone know if leaving the EU could affect Fertility treatment in the EU?

blue2014 Fri 10-Jun-16 10:45:19

I wouldn't have thought so if you're paying for it privately? My clinic took people from all over the world at the same price

EmmaGH Sat 18-Jun-16 09:52:07

blue2014, I hope you don't mind my asking, but are you currently doing a cycle in the EU? I've just started my second in the UK, but we won't be able to afford a third UK one, so looking for EU stories!

miamiaMo Wed 22-Jun-16 19:02:58

I know a few ladies who can't afford their next attempts and have undergone ivf treatment at Gdansk ferility clinic. They have been happy with prices and treatment.

blue2014 Thu 23-Jun-16 17:54:25

Sorry Emma only just noticed this message - I had my in the Czech Republic, much cheaper than UK, very skilled and efficient - I would highly recommend them (reprofit in Brno) I'm currently 16 weeks pregnant as a result.

Loads of clinics discussed on fertility friends website so well worth looking there

SparrowSG Tue 28-Jun-16 14:25:17

I also had IVF outside the UK and would not even consider having it here now, if I needed to go again I would go back to the clinic I used in Athens.

I'm also 16 weeks pregnant and had a great experience at AKESO in Athens and can highly recommend them. I am even still in contact with the consultant there for any questions/comments on test results I have from NHS here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now