About to embark on first [&only!] Donor egg cycle, all advice welcome!

(6 Posts)
ScarlettInSpace Sat 14-May-16 16:23:37

Hi everyone, just as the title really!

We have just been approved for 1 cycle of funded DE IVF & I want to make sure we maximise it as its pretty much our last shot. No waiting list so will expect to cycle late July/early August.

As I'm still under 40, my chances of success are 50-60% [less than 1% if I'd tried again with my own eggs though, so we figured if we are going to try one last time we would be daft to ignore those kind of odds...]

Any advice/suggestions/encouraging stories of success?

I know all the diet tips re standard OE IVF, but not a clue for a DE cycle, and Dr Google isn't being particularly forthcoming!

bananafish81 Sun 15-May-16 10:54:08

Good luck!! I'd follow all the advice on Dr Google for a FET - as essentially as a recipient the preparation is the same, you're getting the oven ready, the only difference is that the bun is being made in a slightly different way! The focus in a DE cycle is all about the lining, as obv you're not worrying about the eggs bit. Good luck!!

bananafish81 Sun 15-May-16 10:56:18

And I'm on a low AMH board on FF where there are absolutely loads of DE success stories. From women in their 30s up to women in their late 50s - since as you know, the success of IVF largely rests on egg quality, which is largely linked to age, which means as a DE cycle you have a terrific chance of success!!

ScarlettInSpace Sun 15-May-16 11:53:33

Thanks bananafish grin

I guess because I've never struggled with lining etc I've always concentrated on the egg quality side of ivf diet etc, I'll look for lining-specific tips wink

bananafish81 Sun 15-May-16 11:56:34

Then you should be golden! All the stuff about heat pads and acupuncture and whatnot would apply - I think these things are mainly to feel like you're doing something proactive than actually making much of a difference. Acupuncture around embryo transfer is the one that seems to have the most going for it evidence wise. Good luck!

SageYourResoluteOracle Sun 15-May-16 12:10:31

I have a DD as a result of DEIVF. She's almost 5! It worked first time so it really can happen!

To add to what others have said, I ate Brazil nuts and drank pure pineapple juice as both are supposed to be good for lining quality.

Of course, once I started the cycle, the progesterone made me slightly whacko anyway so I ate loads of carbs etc too.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now