IVF after miscarriage success?

(5 Posts)
Bear2014 Thu 05-May-16 13:32:54

Hi there, has anyone had a successful IVF soon after miscarriage? I had a MC 3 weeks ago and we're itching to go again but don't want to waste our time and loads of money if we would be better off waiting a while...

Nan0second Thu 05-May-16 15:31:22

Best to wait for 3 months to let your endometrium (and hormones) heal.
I had a miscarriage after my first IVF with ICSI cycle and waited 5 months (mainly so I was emotionally ready but I also had some complications with the miscarriage).
My frozen blastocyst from that cycle is now a cheeky 11 month old smile

miamiaMo Mon 09-May-16 14:14:10

Hi, I am sorry for yr loss. I recommend discussing ivf pgs ngs (pgd) with yr doc to decrease the risk of mcs xx

Bear2014 Mon 09-May-16 15:39:41

Hi ladies, so I went to see the clinic on Friday and they say we can start straight away! Just waiting for AF to put in an appearance and frantically trying to buy all the drugs so we are ready. She said that most clinics are now happy to let you crack on if you are feeling well and all looks fine on the scan, and that waiting 3 months is old advice. Hooray!

bananafish81 Sat 14-May-16 13:28:28

I'm cycling again 2 months after MMC but my Dr has been monitoring my hormone levels very closely with serial beta hCG and full hormonal profile and ultrasound scan

We are doing a banking cycle only, freezing embryos for PGS testing

I assume all your hormones have been checked before you have been given the go ahead to start?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now