Anyone else had/about to have IVF with an AMH above 100?

(6 Posts)
Crafty22 Tue 15-Mar-16 11:20:13

Hi all,

I'm new to this but just wanted to reach out. We're about to commence ICSI in the middle of April, I have PCOS and a really high AMH level of around 130. I'm really scared about the risks of overstimulation to the drugs.
Anyone had success with a similar story or can relate in any way?
Would love to be able to relate to someone as nobody in 'reallife' seems to understand.

Thanks X

RoseBud2016 Tue 15-Mar-16 12:47:48

Hi,

Im 31, have severe PCOS and an AMH of over 99 (they stopped counting at 100)

I had ICSI in Feb. I started on a very low stims (mini-IVF) procotol with 10g clomid and 75iu Menopur for 5 days however I barely responded to it so they converted my cycle to regular ICSI and 150iu Menopur and I ended up with 12 eggs, 8 fertilised and 6 top grade blasts! No OHSS or complications at all! I thought my clinic were fab at monitoring me to prevent over stimulation.

I got my BFP from my fresh transfer but sadly mced at 5 weeks. So now I'm waiting for a FET in April.

Hopefully my story makes you feel more positive. What doses will you be on?

RoseBud2016 Tue 15-Mar-16 12:48:20

100mg clomid not 10mg!

Crafty22 Tue 15-Mar-16 13:37:47

Hi Rosebud2016,

Thanks for replying so quickly! So nice to hear you managed to get a lot of eggs!
We had our nurses appointment yesterday and I think they said I would start on 112iu Menopur and scan every other day so they could adapt if needed. They haven't said anything about using clomid, although I've taken this in the past and it didn't do anything for me.

So sorry to hear about your m'c. That must have been really tough.
There's so many things to anxious about I don't know how people get through it! Are you feeling positive for your next cycle?

RoseBud2016 Tue 15-Mar-16 14:33:47

Hello! I didn't respond to clomid before IVF either but they wanted to see if it worked for me along with the Menopur.... But it did absolutely nothing (apart from make me a moody bitch!) so I think it's good that they haven't bothered with that for you.

That's great that you will be monitored so closely. I think that is the key to avoiding OHSS and helping you to feel reassured. Which clinic are you at? I went to the Czech Republic for treatment as I'm not eligible for NHS treatment in the UK (my DH has 2 children from a previous relationship)? And it's a third of the price in Czech for privately funded IVF so it was a bit of a no brained for us!

I'm feeling pretty positive now (although my answer a bout a week ago would have been VERY different) I am just eager to get going again. I find the waiting is the worst bit. I always feel better when I have a plan in place and I feel like things are moving forward. The biggest obstacle for us is AF arriving cos I don't have natural cycles. But yesterday my doctor prescribed me Provera to being on a bleed so if it doesn't come of its own accord in the next few weeks I plan to get it started with the meds.

How are you feeling about starting the injections? X

BettyBi0 Fri 18-Mar-16 12:31:02

Mine was high but not over 100 and I ended up with massive OHSS and got to egg collection thankfully but had to freeze all embryos and wait a couple of months before transfer.

Have you read 'it starts with the egg'? It's got some brilliant evidence based advice about how to maximise your egg quality in the months leading up to egg collection which can be a massive problem with PCOS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now