Exercise after embryo transfer?

(8 Posts)
Honeybee79 Sun 13-Mar-16 15:26:38

Hi all - am hoping for a bit of advice. I had two frozen day 3 embryos transferred this morning and my clinic have advised as much rest as possible for the first 72 hours (hard as I have a 5 year old DS, work etc) and no exercise during 2ww.

Now, I am not about to starting running marathons or anything, but for years I have been doing about 3 or 4 hrs of dance/zumba classes a week, plus a swim a week. I love my dance classes - they relax me and keep me sane and would very much like to keep going, tho happy to sit out the abs exercises at the end grin.

Anyone have any thoughts on this/been advised differently? It seems a bit extreme - my body is used to this level of activity and am not about increase it etc.

Thanks v much.

cheapredwine Sun 13-Mar-16 18:07:43

OP I would say don't risk it, it's just not worth it. You need to take it steady after transfer, not bed rest (unless specifically advised) but how about walking instead? BTW definitely check on swimming, was a no-no at my clinic due to possible risk of infection.

Honeybee79 Sun 13-Mar-16 18:17:46

Thanks. Yes, have essentially decided not to risk swimming and not to do anything other than walking for the first week at least. Trying to view it as a chance to have a rest, watch some trashy tv etc!

GlummyMummy Sun 13-Mar-16 19:47:53

Hi there, I too had my ET this morning and was told to just do my normal activities for the next couple of weeks. I play badminton and was told that was fine, just not to take up running marathons just now!!

I have a very active nearly two year old so will have to be lifting her into cot and highchair etc as of tomorrow! Unavoidable really!

Ilikesweetpeas Sun 13-Mar-16 19:59:15

Personally I didn't do any exercise the time my IVF worked. It may be coincidence but I'd rest for a few weeks. I hope that you get a positive test in a couple of weeks flowers

Honeybee79 Sun 13-Mar-16 22:18:22

Thanks.

Glummy the advice you were given is the same as advice a few of my friends who've had ivf have received and what I was assuming to be the case so was surprised to be told otherwise! Good luck!

Am going to skip dance classes etc this week but will probably go as usual next, as by then one or both will have implanted or not . . . And what will be will be. But yes, no marathons.

GlummyMummy Mon 14-Mar-16 10:48:49

best of luck to you too Honeybee! This is my second round of IVF (we were lucky enough to have my daughter last time) and I remember the first time my ET was on a Saturday and I went back to work on the Monday and it implanted fine then

Honeybee79 Mon 14-Mar-16 11:41:13

That is good to hear Glummy. Fingers crossed all round!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now