Brand new, 2ww after ICSI

(8 Posts)
victoria1981 Wed 02-Mar-16 12:24:48

Hi everyone,

Lovely to be here- I'm brand new. I don't normally join forums, but I genuinely want to meet some people in the same boat as me as all of my friends and family found it easy to conceive. I'm now on day 7 after my ET, and I feel like I might go mad with waiting. I've sort of decided that we're only doing this once as we've been TTC for nearly four years and I want us to move on with our lives- I certainly can't imagine spending the next four doing this, although I know it can take a really long time. I'm 35 now, and a very proud auntie to three.

Anyone like to hang out? :-)

MehMehM3h Wed 02-Mar-16 12:53:12

Hi victoria welcome!

I am in the same boat...although a little ahead of you - my official test date is tomorrow. I also had ICSI. We have male factor infertility on our side and this is our first go too. I'm shitting it tbh, got a bit of bleeding which is freaking me out now.

I'm 32 (soon to be 33) and whilst I'm unsure if I want to go through this again, Mr Meh and I agreed we would try at least 3 times.

victoria1981 Wed 02-Mar-16 13:12:26

Hey there MehMeh!

Glad to hear from you. My test is on Sunday (should have been on Monday, but no way am I going blithely off to work after that). I've got some bleeding too, seems to be a bit more than yesterday which is worrying me. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you.

It's the male factor for us, too, and we couldn't go NHS because of my high BMI. Although we can afford it, I'm not sure if I get yet another BFN that I can put myself through it. Think we're going to lick our wounds and consider adoption... which is more than a little scary in itself!

Xxxxx

DRSLondon Sat 05-Mar-16 06:27:08

I'm testing Friday and starting to go mad! This is my fourth embryo transfer and I have a little boy who is 1. Best of luck to you both! X

victoria1981 Sat 05-Mar-16 09:17:32

Thanks so much DRSLondon! I'm testing tomorrow. Who the hell knows at this point! Best of luck to you too xxx

DRSLondon Sat 05-Mar-16 17:37:21

I have no symptoms so have totally lost hope sad

Yrias Sat 05-Mar-16 18:12:21

(This is Victoria, just changed my name)
DRS from what I understand no symptoms mean about the same as symptoms, I.e. very bloody little!! Don't lose hope, please. You're early days yet, and you could easily get your BFP with no symptoms. As long as AF doesn't come you've as much chance as anyone else!

Today I have been making a list of things I'm going to do if I'm not pregnant tomorrow.

1. Get a new, better paid job.
2. Buy a Macbook Air
3. Have a lot of sex
4. Drink a lot of really excellent wine
5. Book an irresponsibly expensive holiday at a kids free resort
6. Eat an absolute tonne of soft cheese and rare steak
8. Book a spa day
9. Have a hot bath

Can you think of any, DRS? XXXXX

Laura7883 Sun 06-Mar-16 10:52:30

Hi everyone. We also have sperm issues.DH had micro TESE last week, surgical extraction of sperm, and they didn't find any. The next day the embryologist rang and said they had now found 3 non motile probably dead sperm and icsi'ed them into 3 eggs, miraculously 1 fertilised and I had it transferred on Monday at day 3 and 8 cells but not at all hopeful for a sucsuccessful pregnancy given the poor quality of the sperm. I am currently waiting it out like a crazy women on forums, googling implantation signs and risks of sperm DNA fragmentation which is not good! Good luck to everyone testing this week, someone needs to give us all some hope x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now