Anyone got a bfp with low amh?

(13 Posts)
YellowPirate Tue 01-Mar-16 18:45:54

I'm 18 dpo at the moment. It took 4 years to conceive dc1 and we only started trying 3 months ago. I was diagnosed with low amh (7.6) a few weeks ago. I started taking vitamins (strong vitamin B and B complex for my short luteal phase and Co Q 10 for egg quality). But now AF is very late and I'm too scared to test in case it is a result of the vitamins rather than an actual bfp. I've ordered some tests from eBay, which should arrive this week, but I keep getting very slight cramps and thinking it's over. I think in my mind the longer I take to test the more likely it is to be positive!

Anyone else had this effect from vitamins, or got a bfp with a low egg reserve?

YPx

bananafish81 Tue 01-Mar-16 19:25:16

Low AMH doesn't necessarily affect your ability to conceive naturally, it just means your ovarian reserves are running low - it's a measure of quantity, not quality. Quality is primarily determined by age - how old are you?

Are you having your AMH test as part of IVF treatment? That AMH isn't horrendously low

Mine measured 1.5 on three different occasions (aged 33-34)

I am currently 8 weeks pregnant after my second IVF cycle

I took DHEA and ubiquinol (amongst others - followed the supplements recommendations in "It starts with the egg' pretty religiously), and saw a marked difference in embryo quantity and quality between the first and second cycles (the first where I'd been taking the supps for about 6 weeks, the second by which time I'd been taking them for over 4 months)

I had one 4AA blast transferred and have 4 more blasts on ice. The embryologists all asked if my AMH it could have been a lab error

Low AMH doesn't impact on your ability to conceive naturally nearly as much as your age does...

Chattycat78 Tue 01-Mar-16 19:39:26

another low amh person here too. I was told that my amh was 2.8 when I was 34 and that we needed IVF. However I conceived after 4 months trying but it didn't stick. We did the IVF and it worked first time. When ds was 8 months old we started trying again in case it took years (or wasn't possible) but I got a bfp after 1 month trying. I'm now 22 weeks pregnant.

As banana says- low amh has nothing to do with quality. Definitely take vitamins to help improve your eggs- I took v high doses of co enzyme as ubiquinol. I also did acupuncture.

As an aside, my friend was told 3 years ago that her amh was 2.7. She just had it retested and it's now 6?!! Maybe the results should be taken with a pinch of salt?! In my opinion also your amh isn't that bad at 7! If you have no other issues, low amh isn't the end of the works if you ask me.

YellowPirate Tue 01-Mar-16 19:41:43

I'm almost 39, so getting on a bit! I had my amh tested privately as dc1 took us such a long time, I wanted to know where we stood. Plus we never got a proper diagnosis last time.

Congratulations on your pregnancy, and thanks for replying.

Chattycat78 Tue 01-Mar-16 19:48:07

I'd get testing if I were you! I don't think the low amh thing is enough to prevent stuff from happening!

bananafish81 Tue 01-Mar-16 19:49:09

Yes!! POAS!!!

YellowPirate Tue 01-Mar-16 22:38:17

I think I will have to....haven't got one in the house at the moment, hopefully it will arrive tomorrow and I can test on Thursday. I don't know why, I just prefer being in this state of not knowing. If it's negative, it seems like starting again from where we were 6 years ago.

Congratulations to you too Chattycat. It's good hearing stories like yours!

Chintaria Wed 02-Mar-16 19:22:02

Yes, I did! My AMH was 0.2, and we were absolutely devastated when we got the test results back. I even went through a mourning period for the baby (dc2) that I never thought we'd have. Fast forward to a couple of years and a few cycles of IVF later, and we got a bfp with a frozen embryo (dd who's just turned 2).
Due to my low AMH we didn't take precautions afterwards, as I truly believed we'd never get pregnant again. However, we were very surprised by a natural bfp last May! Unfortunately we lost it at 8 weeks, but it just goes to show there is always hope.

Good luck, and I hope you end up with your own bfp tomorrow morning.

YellowPirate Thu 03-Mar-16 07:48:44

Sorry for your loss Chintaria. Congratulations on your two DC, reassuring it can happen.

I got my own bfp yesterday..... Still in utter shock that this could happen! Just thought I'd update for anyone watching or going through this in the future. X

Chattycat78 Thu 03-Mar-16 09:42:17

Haha!!!!!! Congratulations!!! There you go!!!!

bananafish81 Thu 03-Mar-16 09:55:45

Congrats!! You don't get to that dpo without there being a sniff of pregnancy, wahoo!! Xx

YellowPirate Thu 03-Mar-16 19:22:53

Thanks for making me test, think I'd have been still procrastinating if I hadn't read these replies grin

Chattycat78 Thu 03-Mar-16 19:41:43

Good luck with it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now