post embryo transfer bleeding - is this normal?

(10 Posts)
Craftycakey15 Fri 12-Feb-16 19:05:49

I am two days past embryo transfer (at day 5). I have been spotting dark blood since egg collection. Yesterday evening I had fresh blood on wiping and this evening too. I am worried this means the embryos are being rejected. Has anyone experienced this please? So fed up of this.

ChampagneTastes Fri 12-Feb-16 19:07:32

Have you contacted your clinic? I haven't had this but then I haven't had any success so I suppose it could be implantation bleeding? Speak to the clinic though. Good luck. flowers

Craftycakey15 Fri 12-Feb-16 20:15:44

Hi Champagnetastes I did call and speak to a nurse this morning who said fresh blood isnt a good sign but to call back on Monday if it continues. I guess I'm just hoping she is wrong.

ChampagneTastes Fri 12-Feb-16 20:35:49

I am sorry Craftycakes I guess this is one of those situations where you have to hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I will keep everything crossed for you. Is this your first attempt?

Craftycakey15 Fri 12-Feb-16 20:46:36

Thank you, yes my first attempt but I'm 40 and the clock is ticking fast

DigestiveBiscuit Fri 12-Feb-16 20:52:07

It didn't happen to me, and I went on to carry twins to term.

However, I hope it all turns out to be OK - I know how important it is, after going through IVF treatment!

ChampagneTastes Fri 12-Feb-16 21:43:04

Do you have more embryos in the freezer? In the event that this doesn't work out (and I hope it does), you can get on a fresh cycle surprisingly quickly.

I would also really recommend getting some hypnotherapy CDs; I am finding that it's really helping me stay sane when my hormones and natural anxiety are starting to get the better of me.

Craftycakey15 Fri 12-Feb-16 21:46:07

I do have 7 embryos of very good quality being frozen. The two transferred were of same quality so I thought I had done well, I had one happy day of that good news and now this bleeding!

ChampagneTastes Sat 13-Feb-16 08:07:21

It's not over yet. Relax for a bit and try to think of happy things. I had my only other embryo transferred yesterday so I do understand the anxiety. I hope it works out for you.

Craftycakey15 Sat 13-Feb-16 12:25:02

Thank you. I called and spoke to a different nurse today who told me to increase my progesterone pessaries from 2 to 3 a day. They will call me on Monday but I'm pretty sure this is all too late.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now