Late period but low progesterone - any point in testing?

(5 Posts)
Ipushedmygrannyaffabus Wed 09-Sep-15 11:41:24

I'm on medication which would have to be stopped when I fell pregnant, hence the nagging worry that I should test. I have a regular 28 day (but an ovulatory) cycle but am now on day 32 with no period or sign of it, which is VERY unusual for me.

However, I had my day 21 progesterone measured (on day 19 due to it falling on the weekend) and it was only 2.8, so is there actually any point in testing?

Thanks

SesameSparkle Wed 09-Sep-15 13:13:03

Hiya, I think that if your progesterone was only 2.8 on day 19, it's possible you are having an anovulatory cycle this month, else you might have ovulated slightly later than normal. Either are possible even if you normally have a regular cycle, and either could explain why af is late. But if you are worried about your meds just test, it wouldn't do any harm.

Ipushedmygrannyaffabus Wed 09-Sep-15 17:43:18

Thanks for the response. I suppose even 'normal' people have the odd late period. Can't face the disappointment of testing if I can avoid it!

mascaraisamust Sat 12-Sep-15 11:45:42

I was told mine was 1 and I got bfp that cycle. The gp said it was annovulatory and referred me to the fertility clinic. I had an emc as 8 weeks but it happened!

mascaraisamust Sat 12-Sep-15 11:46:42

Now battling trying to convince someone that I need progesterone to sustain it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now