Period day after HSG

(1 Post)
Jones230 Fri 14-Aug-15 21:37:21

Hi, I have been trying for a year to fall pregnant with my partner but to no avail, I was diagnosed with PCOS years ago, and my periods are roughly every 2 to 3 months on average. I had the 21 day test twice and was told I have low pregosterone, my partners semen analysis come back as normal. Well yesterday I went for an HSG which was horrifically painful and I bled slightly afterwards but that soon stopped and the pain went fairly quickly, the results were no tubes were blocked and everything is normal, which I was happy about after having an ectopic pregnancy about 6 years ago. I'm now 38 years old and very aware that time is ticking, and so I know I now need to be put on progesterone (I think they are going to give me clomid) anyway, I have just been to the loo, and I am now bleeding again, like I am having a period, would anyone know if an hsg can kick start a period that I've not had for nearly 3 months, or could it be bleeding because of something else, i guess if the bleeding is because the hsg yesterday has jarred something in my body and has given me a period, then it can't be a true period god this is so confusing arrrghhh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now