Second IVF cycle

(3 Posts)
ranchgirl Sat 27-Jun-15 17:40:07

Hi All,

Had our feedback appointment today after getting our negative result 2 weeks ago. No real answers and lots of reminders that at our age our chances are pretty low (both 40). We're trying again in August after a holiday and time to relax. Our consultant at Calderdale is going to change me from all Gonal F to 300 GF and 150 Menopaur(?). Hopefully I'll respond a little better. Only had two viable eggs last time and neither implanted. This one is self funded so fingers x'd as we're not sure how many more we a) have time for and b) can afford.

ranchgirl Sat 27-Jun-15 17:40:57

Forgot to say, we're ICSI not IVF.

Woobeedoo Sat 27-Jun-15 21:34:10

My first IVF didn't work, I was on Menopur which I've since found is not good if you have PCOS. Second go was ICSI and 100% Gonal F. For this cycle after every stim shot I placed a warm cherrystone heat pack on my abdomen as heat promotes blood flow to the ovaries and increased blood flow results in better follicles (which hopefully means better eggs). I also took so many supplements I rattled - bee propolis and royal honey and Co-enzyme Q10 to name just three. I can't actually recall all the others but I was taking about 15 tablets every day in the 3 months preceding my ICSI cycle. I also ate chicken and kale every lunchtime, a colleague joked I was eating so much I was having a kale baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now