OPK - no surge detected

(5 Posts)
MrsNuckyThompson Sun 21-Jun-15 14:54:06

We're ttc DC2. When I got pregnant with DS1 I charted periods on an app and used that to pinpoint my fertile window. It has taken longer this time so this cycle I've started using the clear blue OPK. I started 6 days before I thought I would ovulate based on the calendar alone but I'm now 2 days over and no LH surge has been detected.

I'm really worried. Am I not ovulating? How could I have missed it? I've done the tests first thing in the am each day. Am I doing something wrong?

Moomin37 Sun 21-Jun-15 16:39:25

I'm no expert, but I think OPKs are supposed to be done in the afternoon. No doubt someone else who knows more will be along soon smile

Persipan Sun 21-Jun-15 16:49:21

It depends on the test - most of them you're supposed to do afternoon-ish but the clearblue dual ones you're supposed to do first thing.

MrsNuckyThompson Sun 21-Jun-15 19:44:25

Yep. It said in the instructions that any time of day was fine provided you hadn't passed urine for 4 hours (hence first thing makes sense)!

FlatWhiteToGo Mon 22-Jun-15 19:46:35

2 days isn't that late. I recently had a cycle when I only got a positive on CD22 (of a 28 day cycle)! Some months this just happens...and some months you just don't ovulate. It's frustrating but I wouldn't worry until this happens every month x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now