Clomid advice

(9 Posts)
VixxFace Fri 29-May-15 22:51:31

I just wondered if anyone has been through the same thing and had a good outcome.

Started clomid on cycle day 2 and was told to have a scan between day 8-11. I went today and the doctor said nothing has happened but I should come back Wednesday to see if there's any change.

I have given up hope. Shouldn't something be happening by now or am going to be one of the unlucky ones who doesn't even ovulate with tablets.

Shellster52 Sat 30-May-15 00:37:49

I have not been through exactly the same thing as you but didn't want to read and run. Infertility is lonely enough!

I have tried Clomid but as I was already ovulating, it was just something the Dr tried as they did not know why things were not happening. I can imagine how frustrating it must be thinking you are finally doing something this cycle to get things happening, only to discover that nothing is happening.

The only consolation I can offer is that it's great that you know what your particular issue is and now it's just a matter of trial and error to see what medications work for your body - upping the Clomid dose, switching to Femara, etc.

But I understand the frustration. I have had 10 IVF attempts and each time I get my hopes up and then come crashing down when it does not work. But IVF is harder than when I tried 3 Clomid cycles because it costs me $7,000 each go.

I know of three people in my life who had the same non-ovulating issue and as soon as the right treatment was found, they conceived. So I have hope that the solution is just around the corner for you - even if it's not this month.

MagpieCursedTea Sat 30-May-15 00:53:46

I didn't ovulate on my first cycle of clomid so they upped the dose. I ovulated on the second cycle but didn't conceive until the third. I now have a 20 month old DS.
Best of luck!

Mrsbadger77 Sat 30-May-15 22:11:25

Just to let you know I was scanned on day 10 and nothing was there went back day 15 and there were two big juicy follicles and when I was scanned on day 17 the egg(s) had been released.

Jazz074 Sun 31-May-15 11:59:25

Hi i ttc about two year now.one of my friend recommended me clomid.can any one help me that i should take this or not.if yes then at what time,because I really dont know how to use it .i have 32 day cycle.��

mistletoeprickles Mon 01-Jun-15 12:35:57

vixx there's a thread in conception called ttc with PCOS. Lots of ladies over there, including myself, are taking clomid. You may find it useful to pop over and have a read

Jazz074 Tue 02-Jun-15 07:40:03

Thanks mistletoeprickles for your reply. I am just bit worried to having these medicines.

VixxFace Wed 03-Jun-15 10:22:47

Thank you for comments..

I had second Scan today and no follicles sad

I can't find the ttc with pcos thread where is it?

Shortygurl Sun 07-Jun-15 19:57:10

so i started on clomid last week first time im on any sort of treatment. i go for my scan tues to see if theyrs any changes. i have been advised to take folic acid aswell throughtout being on clomid. i have been told that theyr are nothing wrong with one of my ovaries but they think the other one might not work or it was just in spazam when i have an internal done i am very nevous of the outcome but we are keeping our hopes up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now