feeling jealous!

(6 Posts)
sideshowbob2 Mon 25-May-15 13:00:18

cousin's partner has just announced that there pregnant after just one round of ivf!
i've had one round of unsuccessful ivf last summer, currently waiting for correct paperwork to sent to my clinic for the next cycle!
i know i should be happy for my cousin and his partner but i just feel like they've beaten me to it!

warriorbot Tue 26-May-15 10:34:30

I think it's totally natural to feel envy and longing and frustration - this is a shitty, difficult time.

sideshowbob2 Tue 26-May-15 11:02:31

thanks been talking to an old school friend that had her ivf baby last year, 2nd cycle lucky and she's given me lots of encouragement and support!!

purplemeggie Tue 26-May-15 22:44:09

Sending you a hug, OP - I can completely relate to this. My SIL popped out three babies in the time I've been ttc and each of the two birth announcements from my work colleagues last year managed to land in my inbox on the day that I got a bfn after a failed cycle sad.

The way I've learned to deal with it is to remind myself that just because someone else is pregnant doesn't mean you can't be - they didn't take your ticket in the deli queue. It takes some deep breaths and self-restraint, but it becomes easier over time. flowers

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Wed 27-May-15 10:50:16

Sideshow sorry your first IVF failed. I have some idea of how you are feeling as I did feel similar when I was having IVF. I felt terrible feeling jealous of people whose IVF worked first time as obviously they had gone through tough times to get there and I wouldn't wish anyone's IVF to fail.

Have you had counselling? I had it after my first cycle failed. It really helped to offload all my negative thoughts and to be realistic about the chances of it working. I kept telling myself to view it as a 3-4 cycle process. It took 3 cycles to work for me. Fingers crossed that your 2bd go is the one for you.

Viewofhedges Wed 27-May-15 13:08:11

It's totally understandable to feel gutted and miffed.

I'm just on the IVF conveyer belt - our funding has been applied for. I've been confiding in a long distance friend. I saw her at the weekend for the first time in a long time - she was 8 months pregnant. She didn't tell me. I feel betrayed. And jealous. Which is ridiculous. But I think we're allowed to feel whatever we like, as long as we behave reasonably! Wishing you all the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now