Tested too soon? Confused..

(5 Posts)
PlainjaneSE Sat 16-May-15 19:57:27

I had embryo transfer on Tuesday. It's a natural cycle using embryos that have been in storage. I have tested today and it is reading negative. Feel like I just need to know but realise it is way too early. Does any one have any guidance on the soonest I can test for a real result? I've been told to wait until 23/5/15..

madmummy3 Sat 16-May-15 23:53:45

Wait if you can you will drive yourself mad I have to test on 24th so I know how you feel its frustrating, my first pg had low hgc levels so I didn't get positive until 2days after missed period second pg tested a couple of days before and got a positive every pg is different holding off is best.

PlainjaneSE Sun 17-May-15 10:07:26

I am going to wait until either my period or 23rd, whichever comes first! Thank you madmummy3, good to know it can vary that much

CorBlimeyTrousers Sun 17-May-15 10:11:29

I was told to wait until 14 days after embryo transfer (with blastocyst transfer this meant I was 5 weeks pregnant by the time I tested). I didn't test early for exactly the reason you've experienced - not being sure whether a negative test was really negative or just too early. I know it's hard but put the tests away and wait until the official date. Good luck smile

Woobeedoo Sun 17-May-15 21:13:38

There are charts you can look at which give you a timeline of what's going on in there. Google either 2 day transfer, 3 day or 5 day depending on what you had.

it is worth waiting until the official test date but the two week wait is a bloody nightmare of symptom spotting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now