Polycystic overies & other issues.

(5 Posts)
Bexcx Tue 12-May-15 15:22:02

Hi all, my names becky and I'm 19 years old. I've been going through some issues with my overies and cysts for a couple of years now. Last April I had to go into surgery to remove two sized 7cm cysts off my overies. I've now been officially diagnosed with polycystic overies. The gynecologist has told me that I'm not ovulating and it will be hard for me to conceive later in life. Could someone please help me? I'm 20 in December and I want a family more than you could imagine. I've been with my boyfriend now 3 years, we have had big talks and decided that we should start trying soon. (He's 24) as I've been given a timescale of 3 years with complications. This means that my womb lining isn't as it should be and I'm not actually releasing an egg. So the gynecologicAl team have suggested that if I'm ready to start when I can as later I may not have a change. I'm nervous people are going to be looking down on me or not understanding what situation I'm in. I would never have a child if I didn't see myself as a fit mother. I have a good home and supportive family and work team. I am just nervous for all that could go wrong, I've been told to expect misscarages and difficulty to conceive. Please could someone give me some advice... guidance?! Has anyone else given birth at 20? What was it like? Did people look down on you? Please respond. (I am new so if I get an inbox or two give me time) thank you all x

Frank85 Tue 12-May-15 22:54:02

If I knew then at your age what I know now, I would just go for it
Who cares what people think
Good luck smile

RainbowFlutterby Tue 12-May-15 23:00:28

I wouldn't give anyone who looks down on you a second thought tbh. I was looked down on for having my DS when I was so old - 31.

If you think you're ready - go for it. There's a lot to be said for having children when you're young and I have friends who did have children in their early 20s.

I had PCOS, a dodgy womb, epilepsy and was very underweight. DS is now 11 smile

Persipan Wed 13-May-15 07:05:22

You know you want a family, and you're in a stable relationship with someone who wants to start that family with you. That's great! Honestly, stuff anyone who looks down on you. If you want to go for it, go for it.

Bexcx Wed 13-May-15 16:53:48

Thank you so much all of you. Very nice to hear. I suppose I'm just a bit scared. More so scared of failure and complications. I've been told there will be a fair few. Thank you again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now