Internal bleeding in early pregnancy

(6 Posts)
IvyandMe Mon 27-Apr-15 11:39:54

I have been through one round of IVF and I have had a positive pregnancy test. I had a scan last week and the doctor said she could see some internal bleeding but not in the 'sack'. I was naturally upset and am very worried but she said it was nothing to worry about that some doctors would not even mention it. Has anyone had this? I can't figure out if I should be worried or happy. She also said there was no heart beat but that there shouldn't be at 5 weeks. I felt it was odd that she said that if it was normal. She was a very young doctor so perhaps is not too sure what to say and what not to say.

Help! Thanks for any words of advice. x

fflonkl Mon 27-Apr-15 14:41:52

Hello OP I've gone through IVF as well and the nurses and sonographer have all told me that they don't normally see the heartbeat at 5 weeks, it's more likely to happen from 6 weeks. Not sure about the bleeding though. I had 2 scans before 12 weeks, can you have another scan arranged for later?

And congratulations by the way!

IvyandMe Mon 27-Apr-15 15:08:18

Thanks for your reply. I have another scan on Friday which i am now so nervous about. Thanks for the congrats.

Guin1 Mon 27-Apr-15 16:43:52

I can't comment on the bleeding, but agree that it is unusual to detect heartbeat at 5 weeks. Best of luck with the next scan - try to find something to keep your mind off things till then flowers.

purplemeggie Wed 29-Apr-15 13:44:34

'internal bleeding' sounds as if it could be an implantation bleed to me. I had quite a bit of bleeding during my last pregnancy and when I had a scan they told me that there was an implantation bleed measuring 18mm at a stage where the foetus was only about 9mm long. It sounds to me as if your doctor was just a bit inexperienced and clumsy with her words. Good luck x

Faith7777 Sat 02-May-15 07:03:41

It might be a subchorionic haemorrhage - they can confirm this at your next us. If the bleed is not the sac then breathe easy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now