Frozen embryo

(5 Posts)
IVFING Fri 11-Apr-14 19:56:56

Hi there

Not posted here before but thought someone might be able to help. I have a frozen embryo waiting for me. What's the process and timescale for transfer please? Ie what drugs do I take and for his long? Which day of cycle do you start that?

Any help would be gratefully received!

Many thanks in advance.

MrsLel Sat 12-Apr-14 03:39:32

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

TheBuggerlugs Sat 12-Apr-14 04:03:32

Have you been on the gin MrsLel?

Anyway OP as we both know freezing embryos is as common in IVF as pissing on trees is for dogs.

I think you can do a FET either medicated or not. Some NHS trusts will cover the cost depending on your circumstances and I think it's 1500 quid ish where I am. Best thing to do is speak to your clinic and seek their advice. My clinic don't like unmedicated cycles but I know that's not the case everywhere.

Good Luck.

FadBook Sat 12-Apr-14 04:19:49

Whilst I love MN, I'd recommend having a look on their talk board is fantastic. There are threads for certain clinics, diagnosis, the process etc

Your treatment will depend upon your reason for infertility (if you have one)

I had a medicated cycle. I was on a high estrogen dose to thicken my womb and progesterone pellets for 3 weeks before transfer. They thaw embryos and transfer date will depend on how old the embryo was when frozen and how viable it looks.

Jellytots85 Sun 20-Apr-14 15:43:38

Hi ladies
I have had 2 failed my last cycle I got 3 to freeze, I am considering using 2 on my 3rd attempt and not injecting as I'm not sure I can go through the hole process again but not sure if I am lowering my chances by doing this ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now