Low sperm count :(

(5 Posts)
Unsureif Mon 21-Apr-14 14:32:50

I was in the same position 4 years ago. I now have a DS thanks to first time success at ICSI and a DD who just magically appeared all by herself smile

DH's sperm were completely crap and useless in every sense of the word!!

nancy1984 Mon 21-Apr-14 14:28:12

Hi my husband has the same and we are about to go through icsi. Do you live near London? There is a great fertility nutrionist who writes a diet plan for this and my husband has already seen improvements, even if only slight!

jessplussomeonenew Sat 12-Apr-14 13:08:04

Might be worth breaking out the supplements - it doesn't need to be the expensive sort in my experience because men don't need to take the low vitamin A conception-specific supplements. Zinc and omega 3 were the things that were recommended to us based on the first analysis, both easily covered by cheapish supermarket supplements. Depending on your circumstances it may not make enough difference to avoid IVF/ICSI, but it's worth a try!

In our case, after three months a second test showed volume, count, morphology and motility were all much better. It took us another 8 months after that but I'm now 20 weeks pregnant smile!

Good luck.

suzylee73 Sat 12-Apr-14 11:33:41

Hi
Sorry to hear your news hmm I'm not an expert but my hubby has the same problem but also I have fertility problems too well no Fallopian tubes so a big problem really smile. We had IVF with ICSI which means they take the sperm sample and pick out the few good sperm and inject one into each egg. So hubby only needs a few good swimmers.
You could ask your GP to refer you to the local IVF clinic, hopefully you would get NHS funding smile
Good luck x

kayleigh1991 Fri 11-Apr-14 17:26:10

Just found out my partner has a low sperm count it's hard to hear but feel good we have some answers finally! But I'm petrified of not being able to get pregnant and it's hard any sucess stories or advice will be nice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now