Assisted conception after recurrent miscarriage part 6

(998 Posts)
Arianrhod Wed 09-Apr-14 13:04:35
Mel3062 Mon 13-Oct-14 05:15:03

Hello ladies lost the thread again and it will take forever for me to catch up but I'll get there! Glad you went back to serum pebbles.
I've just done so again and got a follicle at 21mm one at 10 and a few at 5 so they've upped gonal f to 150 next time. Just 2 ww now. Prof a has offered me a free retest so may do that next month whilst saving for feb serum!
Waves to all x

swlondonnanny Wed 08-Oct-14 14:43:12

Ari tried that approach of eating junk and drinking a bit (don't normally drink at all) and it still didn't help. It felt good though smile

Arianrhod Wed 08-Oct-14 14:42:49

Oh no village, I'm sorry I missed that. So sorry you've had to go through it again .. I know even once our genetic/immune issues were identified I considered my eggs too 'doubtful' to keep going with my own. Had I known what I know now when we started this, when I was 42, I'd have had a lot more faith that my eggs might be ok (mostly); but at 46 I just doubt I've got many/any good eggs left, and I didn't want to go through miscarriage after miscarriage just to find one good egg. And so sorry I missed your msg; have replied now!

brownstag Wed 08-Oct-14 14:39:11

I've just made Assisted conception after recurrent miscarriage part 7.

VillageMum Wed 08-Oct-14 13:57:05

ari there was brief hope till I started bleeding at 4+5... all over now. I sent you a PM by the way x

Grateful if someone could start a new thread; I'm in a coffee shop with unreliable internet!

Arianrhod Wed 08-Oct-14 10:52:58

pebbles when is your OTD?? Crossing fingers, toes, eyes and ears for you! Don't worry about symptoms/no symptoms, I had no symptoms for this one at all. Means diddly-squat, I've decided.

brownstag Wed 08-Oct-14 10:20:17

Thanks, Ari. So agree about the sex. When I first showed my OH the positive pregnancy test, I know that was what was passing through his mind - potentially no sex for a year! I always shut up shop instantly on a BFP, at first because I'm too scared to, and then just because it's the last thing on my mind.

Arianrhod Wed 08-Oct-14 10:06:47

I vote we all go out and eat lots of junk food, drink lots of alcohol, and generally don't look after our bodies. Well that's what seems to work for so many women who get pregnant at the drop of a hat, time after time, while those of us who are very conscious of what we're putting into our bodies and carefully look after ourselves have problems! brown I never managed to get any of mine tested but I personally would avoid another ERPC, given the scarring it seems to cause. If you find the natural route isn't working though, you could always ask to see if your hospital will do an hysteroscopic-guided resection, I think my hospital called it - which is basically an hysteroscopy. It's MUCH more careful than an ERPC, it's what my hospital did after my IVF miscarriage last year and caused no scarring at all. I don't believe all hospitals do this, but it's worth asking for if you feel it's all just taking too long at any point.

village I thought there was still weird hope for yours - didn't you start showing positives on tests again? If I missed something I'm really sorry, and big hugs for both you and brown, we all really and truly understand the cr@p you're both going through.

duggs you made me smile with your 'if we ever have sex again' ... that's exactly how I feel right now! Ain't nuthin' doing on that front for months now - apart from anything else it would just be too darned uncomfortable! Love your pragmatic attitude to any future pregnancies - it certainly seems to be when people stop trying that things happen. Even if I wasn't as old as I am now there is no way on this planet I would put myself through the last 4 years again, I just wouldn't do it.

/waves to everyone, we're going to need a new thread soon!!

brownstag Wed 08-Oct-14 09:25:12

I think that's sensible, Duggs; keep the door open for pregnancy but not obsess about it or let it waste the life you have with your family. You don't really need any testing now anyway, do you?; in the end you've proved your body knew what to do without any help.
Yes, that's my dream, that every one of us on here get to have at least one precious baby and get to be called 'Mummy' by somebody.

duggs1976 Wed 08-Oct-14 09:04:41

Well brown.. At least you know the anatomical and physical side is working... If you can keep at it then catching the good egg might be a matter of time. Thinking of you though, is a cruel situation to be in these v early losses.hmm
I'm ok 38 wks tomorrow. Wish he'd just arrive now.
Would I go through again? Right now no. DH says no way. So I'm thinking if we do ever have sex ever again we just won't use contraception but for testing and treatment no not for me. I will be 38 next month and 5 yrs of it behind us I wouldn't do another 5. (I hope I don't secretly change my mind) but I can't see how from here. Thinking of pebbles and belly D ... At least to get you through this next part of the journey so you can at least get successfully pregnant (ideal) or if that really isn't happening, move onto the alternative route and then get successfully pregnant so you can both experience motherhood. Nanny too... I know you have a different path but we should all get to at least experience the feeling once i believe. X

brownstag Wed 08-Oct-14 06:39:58

Thank you, Duggs. How are you doing?
You are so very right. I suppose it's just that sense of 'doing something constructive' that makes me want the testing, but as you say, how will it change anything?
Still nothing happening. Ironically I'm looking really glowing at the moment. The hormone levels are obviously still high. Still constipated, boobs still hurting. I must remember that in future, that symptoms, and positive tests (some of which are almost black), are absolutely meaningless.
Maybe you're not thinking this far ahead, but do you think you'd go through all this again, Duggs, and try for another?

duggs1976 Tue 07-Oct-14 17:51:38

Sorry to read this need village and brown hmm
Brown out of my 6 losses I had had 4 tested with an ERPC and only got results back on 2 .. They were 9 and 12 week losses. The other 2 were 8 and 7 weeks and were too small to get any results apparently so I would suggest a natural management... Besides it is most likely chromosonal
which you are doing all you can to combat anyway so is not as if there is another route to chose from if you did manage to get something? I did have a 6 week loss which was like a heavy, late period and def not worth the stress and risk of an ERPC. I know the feeling of wanting a definitive answer but I suggest you get on with the next cycle and push ahead.. You'll either catch that good egg if it is in there or not if it isn't. Nothing much you can do about that - you are doing all you can and more. Big hug x

brownstag Tue 07-Oct-14 14:56:08

Thanks Sue. How are you?
Yes, I am hoping to avoid an ERPC and I am definitely feeling a bit 'womby' today. As the pregnancy is really only 5+2 I'm hoping that it might happen naturally once the cyclogest wears off. On the other hand, if I do have an ERPC they could do genetic testing. Has anyone had any definitive results from this even where the embryo wasn't visible? Although it's not really a question of if there's an abnormality but rather of what kind!
As to the supplements, I'm sure that's all that's keeping the whole system going. I didn't do well on no supplements. For 2.5 years I didn't conceive at all; I had no fertile CM and very light AF. But DHEA, l-arginine, and melatonin have made all the difference. And my myoinositol arives later. I was reading all the reviews on Amazon by women saying it had helped them conceive. As it seems to promote ovulation, it might counteract the tendency of melatonin to inhibit it. I definitely think you can only take the larger doses of melatonin if you're having treatment that will ensure ovulation; with a natural cycle smaller doses are best.
When do you test, pebbles?

suemays Tue 07-Oct-14 11:59:41

brown so sorry it was as expected. I always try to avoid Erpcs if the pregnancy didnt develop much as didn't want to risk potential scarring that could cause problems with the next pregnancy. Have you thought about trying a couple of months off all supplements to see what happens? For me they seemed to make it harder to conceive.

Pebbles73 Tue 07-Oct-14 08:41:59

village. because I had a septum I had to have two and had them about 6wks apart. I then had ivf with my next cycle as they like you to do it as soon as.

brownstag Mon 06-Oct-14 15:55:14

Thank you all. Yes, lots of wine and nice highly glutenous cake ...

swlondonnanny Mon 06-Oct-14 15:41:05

Brown so sorry... Unfortunatelly we kind of know when things are going wrong... Please have some lovely wine and cake

VillageMum Mon 06-Oct-14 14:57:45

pebbles yes, it was me asking about hysteroscopy at Serum, thanks for the feedback! I don't mind matter-of-factness, so it all sounds good. Was your hysteroscopy immediately prior to IVF/FET, or some time before? Sorry If you posted about this a while back; my brain's a sieve at the moment. Everything crossed for you for testing! When's the day?

VillageMum Mon 06-Oct-14 14:50:18

brown I'm so terribly, terribly sorry. You've been so level-headed and courageous about it all. Will you give it a few days, do you think, to see if it happens naturally - or just go for the ERPC? Thinking of you.

Pebbles73 Mon 06-Oct-14 13:34:04

So sorry to read your news Brown & village, large glasses of vino all round I think!

I think it was you village that was asking about Hysteroscopy in Greece, I found them to be really good and was all very efficient. It was bit odd if I am honest as had the odd difficulty when they were completing the paperwork etc but wasn't sick after the anaesthetic which is unusual for me! It's all very matter of fact when you go into theatre with lots of people pulling all your bits and bobs into place but Mr Meredis who does it is very nice.

Dreading testing, had no symptons really so no idea either way re the result....

Arianrhod Mon 06-Oct-14 13:14:14

brown I'm so sorry sad . I know you were fairly certain in your own mind that this is how it was going to go, but that doesn't make it any easier. Have a large glass of your favourite tipple tonight, and bugger it all!

brownstag Mon 06-Oct-14 13:00:20

Thank you. Predictably though everything looked exactly as it did last week so I'm stopping the treatment. I have another scan next Tuesday just to double check but I am definitely drinking tonight! Think I will do some more SO too, the advantage being that you can take 3mg of melatonin and still ovualate. The question is now, will it happen naturally or will I need an ERPC? I've only ever had miscarriages very early or quite late, never at this in between point.

VillageMum Sun 05-Oct-14 20:58:48

brown I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. I so hope it's good news. xx

swlondonnanny Sun 05-Oct-14 19:04:59

Brown in all fairness I think it is a combination of things. Think it is the dose of thyroxine I am on as well. Also I read that sometims the intralipids can bring ovulation forward a bit....
But will carry on with inositol as it can't do any harm and is meant to help with egg quality and insulin resistance smile

brownstag Sun 05-Oct-14 18:07:29

Wow! I've just ordered some more. The first ones I ordered from Amazon were called vegetarian capsules in the title. When they arrived they had a label saying the same but I peeled it off and it said gelatine under that label! So they're going back and I've ordered some vegan powder. I'll probably peel off a label and find they're ground-down cows' bones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now