Assisted conception after recurrent miscarriage part 6

(998 Posts)
Arianrhod Wed 09-Apr-14 13:04:35
swlondonnanny Thu 10-Apr-14 16:58:26

Which day did FF pick as ovulation day originally?
If/when I temp I always do it vaginally

Arianrhod Thu 10-Apr-14 16:59:15

I've never temped, sorry mel, I can't be much help on that one. I always trusted to my CBFM and CB digi OPKs for belt-and-braces.

Mel3062 Thu 10-Apr-14 17:11:13

It didn't until today as think my blank circles are not reliable temps x

Abney Thu 10-Apr-14 19:55:49

Great news ari. Try warm milk with 1 sugar grin

Abney Thu 10-Apr-14 19:57:03

For the sickness of course grin

Mel3062 Fri 11-Apr-14 06:40:12

Surely an opk can't be delayed by that long? Got peak on advanced day 9 so that gives 4 days but to then ovulate day 24 doesn't make sense?! Hope it's not the pred. I don't know what to do now just in case. Though last Dtd day 18 so theirs no way I can be preg is their 6 days later! I don't want to make cycle worse :/

swlondonnanny Fri 11-Apr-14 08:02:34

Oh Mel it is not easy, is it? Never used advanced OPK just the cheap amazon one so no idea how they work. Did you carry on testing after day 9?
Did you put that test into your chart ( can't see it there)?
The blank circles are there because you took your temperature much later/earlier?
I think this month I would go by your OPK and normal cycle lenght as the chart (oral temperature and different times) is not likely to be that accurate.

Mel3062 Fri 11-Apr-14 09:51:59

That's what I'm thinking thanks, I think I took a cheapie and ordinary cb opk a couple of days later and got pos so started cyclogest day 17 ish to be sure . Got awful headache so maybe it's on way!

duggs1976 Fri 11-Apr-14 14:58:24

Sometimes the temping can get so stressful and confusing ... Hope you get cycle soon Mel so can get on with things.
Had nuchal scan today. All looking good and small nuchal fold 1.5mm so happy for now. grin 4 yrs since first pregnancy...

Arianrhod Fri 11-Apr-14 15:11:53

Woohoo duggs, excellent news!! smile

Mel3062 Fri 11-Apr-14 16:24:17

Thanks duggs wonderful news!!

BellyD Fri 11-Apr-14 17:39:19

Duggs that is just wonderful news - so very pleased for you.

Mel sorry I can't help on the whole temping thing, I only ever used a duofertilty monitor to measure my temp constantly, which I found great.

All systems go for us tomorrow. We have three top grade embryos according to the eeva monitoring and the others 5 are all within the 'usual parameters' whatever that means? So transfer tomorrow and we have decided to stay another night rather than rush back. Having acupuncture post transfer and then we will just have to wait and see......

Mel3062 Fri 11-Apr-14 17:40:22

Good luck belly!

suemays Fri 11-Apr-14 18:15:23

Well done duggs just the 20 week one to go now!

belly good luck for the transfer!

mel I am having a weird cycle too, currently on day 31 (have been 28) plus feeling really sick. We dtd on day 11 so no way I am preg - bfn this morning. I also have no idea what is going on!!!! Yet another friend announced her pregnancy today, feel like giving up.

Mel3062 Sat 12-Apr-14 03:16:32

Oh sue sorry to hear this it's awful isn't it but we've done it before we WILL get there in the end but I totally understand where you're coming from it's so difficult.
Have you stopped your meds?

Mel3062 Sat 12-Apr-14 07:58:46

Got this from agate
Pred and thyroxine can affect your cycle length - pred is more commonly the issue unless the thyrox has put your TSH/FT4 out of range. to be sure which one it is your doc probably needs to take you off pred next month and see if the thyrox is ok. then you might have to use something else instead of pred - i guess you have to talk to your doc and make a plan but some ladies just can't ttc on pred.
Guess I'll be emailing dr G again :/

swlondonnanny Sat 12-Apr-14 09:54:10

Interesting Mel. Are you on thyroxine as well? When I took pred last year I had my FSH /LH etc checked the cycle after pred ( by coincidence) and it did mess it up quite a lot + ovulated a week later as well.
Also have been on thyroxine for 30 years and whenever my cycles get a bit longer I know I have to top up the level ( GP always argues with me but checkes levels of TSH /T4 and am always right)
It is very difficult to keep everything in right balance.
Please let us know what Dr G is going to say...

suemays Sat 12-Apr-14 10:19:55

mel I stopped taking pred before Christmas as couldn't get on with it. I must just be having a weird cycle this month but just want af to arrive so that we can try again.

duggs1976 Sat 12-Apr-14 11:17:38

I think it is difficult because pred does mess up thyroid levels and blood sugar which is when I was struggling with metformin first then and thyroxin later. Personally I wouldn't take pred until a bfp as so many people including prof q have had success with this. If you need to get your PCOS under control with metformin to conceive then do so then use pred when bfp. Or if you need to balance your TSH level to get below 2 ( they say is optimum to conceive) then do so. Just my opinion as I did get in a tangled mess and until I stopped everything 1 year ago and started acupuncture to re balance my messed up hormones I then took 3 mths to conceive (trisomy 16) so 8 wk mc but then took another 3 mths to conceive this one. (Including a waste of time nhs IVF cycle in December). So I would say be careful of over medicating. Mel - I can't remember what dr G has you on to have you on so many things ? Is it the humira that is different ?

Mel3062 Sat 12-Apr-14 11:43:53

No I last had humira beg of last year.
I'm on thyroxine daily 50 mg by by local rmc consultant even though levels were ok she said it's harmless I've not had level checked since last year.she said "
Your thyroid antibodies were negative but I think we thought that the thyroxine is a very harmless treatment and you should continue it until a future pregnancy is well established - say 14 weeks. there are no real side effects"
Dr g has me on clexane, 40 mg pred from day 7, intralipids monthly and then 400 cyclogest after ovu and neupogen after ovulation. Then on BFp ivig.
I know hel just want me to get preg blood test again :/ I'm supposed to have intralipid next sat.
I hope af comes soon!
I could ask my doc to check my thyroxine level I guess.
I can't mention pred to rmc consultant as prof quenby told me to just take progesterone from BFp and clexane from BFp so she doesn't know I've seen dr g! I think there maybe something in the pred not agreeing as when I stopped it all my uterine cells went from 48% on pred to 3.29%
I told mr g all this but I'll email mon and see what he says.

duggs1976 Sat 12-Apr-14 14:16:11

It's such a balancing act Mel isn't it. Did u have v high nk levels then ?? Did u used to conceive pretty easily before pred by any chance?

swlondonnanny Sat 12-Apr-14 14:34:39

wow Mel that is a lot of medication! I am very surprised RMC gave you 50mg thyroxine with normal thyroid level and no thyroid antibodies!!! Have you actually ever seen an endocrinologist? I wouldn't call thyroxine harmless - taking it when you don't need it I mean...
I remember when you had your uterine NKCells tested and when they came back normal second time ( was having mine done at the same time) - what were your blood NKcells like when you had them tested with DR Gorgy? hope you dont mind me asking - just wondering if there can be a big difference between those 2?
Also - is the level of progesteron in cyclogest high enough to keep your period away?
Duggs - such great results from your scan yesterday, good luck with your results next week. You were right when you wrote what it feels like once you decide that DE IVF is something you are happy with , very similar to what I feel like. Also would you be happy to give me contact details for your acupuncturist ( I like mine but would like second opinion if possible)
Sue - hope AF or BFP shows soon
Belly - good luck today

Mel3062 Sat 12-Apr-14 14:53:47

Before pred I conceived in dec 2009, July 2010 then April 2012 so no didn't concieve that easily before pred.
When I had nk tested with mr s in April 2012 they were counted at 420.9 where 200 was normal
Activation of 69 was 1.68 so I was inbetween high and very and also had high tnf then and had humira.
When dr g redid them in nov ( after biopsy in oct) cd 56 was high at 20 ( though his results are dif) and 12 is normal and tnf looked ok.
Don't mind you asking at all, sorry to go on but I'm just so concerned that what I'm doing with have the best effect and I'm not sure pred is!!
Never seen an endiocrinologist!
I did blame the cyclogest for keeping period away last month as it came 2 days after I stopped it but then I had stopped everything pred included! I only take 1 pessary now but used to take it at bfp so that's why I thought it was that, now not sure if to use them on BFp like prof q said! It's such a balancing act!
Belly you're in my thoughts too x

Mel3062 Sat 12-Apr-14 14:57:37

Interesting reading my notes I then conceived may 2013 nearly a year after super ovul when I got chicken pox then chemical in sept when had high uterine cells

duggs1976 Sat 12-Apr-14 15:30:01

It's sometimes good to write it all down again with each mth even if didn't TTC put x next to it. You can then try to see patterns. Did dr g suggest a period of time u try Mel
Before IVF? (I know he does IVF) so know he would suggest it at some point ??! Not that you may need it- it didn't help me. But that is just pure chance. Yes nanny will send you acupuncturist but he is based in marlow Buckinghamshire and I don't think u live anywhere near there do u??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now