IVF (FET) while breastfeeding?

(3 Posts)
Ruralninja Wed 12-Mar-14 10:03:16

We are keen to crack on with a sibling for our beautiful DD, who is 4 months old. I am EBF her and committed to doing so until she is 6 months old minimum, but ideally I would carry on until she is a year old. I have 2 frozen embryos and I have discussed breastfeeding whilst undergoing treatment for a FET cycle with my consultant. He was happy to do this, but when I discussed it with the nurses, they seemed much less confident. I would be put on progynova and I gather it can interfere with milk production. Any experience, views or knowledge on this topic? My DH is older and worried about his age and it took us 2 years to conceive DD, hence the desire to not wait. Infertility is male factor and the frozen embryos are grade A quality. I would be so grateful for any thoughts and experience.

Ruralninja Wed 12-Mar-14 23:22:32

bump

dolphinsandwhales Thu 13-Mar-14 09:34:04

Hi

I was told not to do FET whilst bf. On a medicated cycle the drugs are not suitable for bf, on a natural FET bf canSuppress ovulation...

I waited two years to start tx after my dc as she was really happy bfing and I would have found two ununder two very hard, but it's a very personal decision. when dd was born I was hoping to try for a second when she was eight mo, but like I said, in my case I changed my mind due to bf and tiredness.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now