Ovarian cyst after iui - any advice?

(4 Posts)
yorkiebilb Sat 16-Nov-13 10:43:47

I had a failed iui last month and I stopped the progesterone to wait for my AF to arrive. I had brown bleeding for 4 days and really a few hours of red bleeding. Since then I've had nausea and sore breasts but I'm definitely not pregnant.

I went in to see the fc week before last and mentioned my symptoms so they did a scan and found a cyst. They weren't concerned and just said that I would have a longer cycle than normal.

It was only day 22 yesterday and I woke up to a very heavy period and it has been like that every since.

Just wondering if anyone else had developed a cyst after treatment and if it had caused a shorter cycle and given them symptoms like mine? Thanks for reading.

yorkiebilb Tue 19-Nov-13 07:57:44

Anyone?

Chocolatemolehill Tue 19-Nov-13 13:57:40

yorkiebilb - sorry to hear about your failed IUI. I had four failed IUIs last year and also developed a cyst after one of them. However, my doctor (I went privately) gave me a pill to help remove/rupture the cyst so my cycle didn't really change much. But I'd imagine it may be possible. Plus all the hormones you take for IUI can mess your cycle up as well.

yorkiebilb Tue 19-Nov-13 18:17:11

Thanks for responding chocolate - sorry to read about your failed iuis last year. I haven't been given anything to take. Was yours quite big then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now