Clomid Journey / Success Stories Cont ...

(974 Posts)
Lottystar Wed 25-Sep-13 19:54:50

The old thread which was so popular has become full so thought we'd start one here again for us all to support one another through the clomid journey and celebrate it's successes xx

littlemim Sun 27-Oct-13 09:53:43

AF has just arrived :-(

On to cycle 3 then. Going to try and see my GP this week to see if she'll do a 21 day blood test. This is my last cycle on 50mg before moving to 100mg so the result almost doesn't matter, but it would be nice to know.

H Roozo and BIG congratulations!

LM xxx

littlemim Sun 27-Oct-13 10:48:55

That's I'll see the GP to see if she'll agree to a 21 day blood test at the right time. Just realised it looked like I was asking for a 21 day test on day 5-6!!! I'm not quite that insane yet. :-)

kerrylou84 Mon 28-Oct-13 09:10:39

Hi guys.
Sorry she got you littlemim.
I'm on day 30 today......still no signs of ovulation and none of period coming. Havnt a clue what's going on with my body.
I let my hair down this weekend and had a good drink, usually I just have a couple of glasses of wine, but I thought what the hell.....my body obviously isn't doing what mother nature intended so I'm going to have a good drink!
Will be in touch with my doctor again on Wednesday for my blood test results, then if they're negative I have another test on Friday.
Xxx

DrSocks Mon 28-Oct-13 20:32:59

Hi ladies, I've been lurking for a while and have decided it's finally time to delurk and say hi. Partly cos going through all this with no one to vent to is hard and partly because I need your expert opinion!

It’s a bit of a long story but I've had two years of no periods after coming off the pill. In September a borderline low AMH and borderline high FSH brought the possibility of premature ovarian failure into the picture, which was clearly devastating. Since then The gynae requested all the bloods to be redone and gave me provera and 50mg clomid. On day 15/16 I had faint positives on OPK though I understand a faint positive means nothing. That week I was really bloated as well (but that may have been wind!). Today is day 22 and I've had some bleeding. Not loads, but I can't say its not like a period cos even the induced bleeds I've had since coming off the pill have been minimal.

Anyone had a similar thing? Do you think it could be implantation bleeding? I really don't want to get my hopes up!

Lottystar Mon 28-Oct-13 20:37:54

Hi ladies,

Congrats Roozocheeks, what an encouraging story. You were super lucky to get pregnant on your first round of Clomid. I got pregnant on my second round and about 6 weeks and a few days pregnant now. Sooooo wishing away time to 12 weeks. I have an early reassurance scan on the 8th so praying to see that little heartbeat.

LM sorry your af came, positive vibes and spreading baby dust your way for your next cycle xx

KerryLou, I don't blame you for letting your hair down! It needs to be done now and then. Hoping you get some answers soon about what's going on - are they going to up your dosage if you didn't respond to 50mg this month? Xx

Bouncingbelle, that's positive news on your high progesterone, I hope it is your month too xx

Lottystar Mon 28-Oct-13 20:44:29

Hi Drsocks,

Welcome to the thread - no need to lurk, pls feel free to rant and ask questions, we all do! It's bloody hard to go through and I think it's reassuring to speak to people who are in a similar position.

I took Provera and it made me bleed for around 5/6 days, quite heavy and painful periods. They felt synthetic though if you know what I mean, like my body was being forced to do something it was resisting. I never had any other bleeding after the induced period or after taking my Clomid.

I got pregnant on my second cycle of Clomid and I did not have implantation bleeding, but many, many women do so it could well be a early sign. My earliest signs were tender boobs or nipples, really increased discharge (which was creamy), cramping and backache.

All the best to you and if you're not pregnant this cycle I'd report the sporadic bleeding to your GP xxx

bouncingbelle Tue 29-Oct-13 00:20:21

Hi dr socks,
I had implantation bleeding on day 23 of my last clomid cycle, I actually thought it was a light period which is why a positive pregnsncy test a week later came as such a shocker! I hope this is your month! I've got 3 (!!!) clear blue digital tests in the cupboard ready to go... Tomorrow will be day 24 and sooooo want to test!!

bouncingbelle Tue 29-Oct-13 00:21:17

Ps - thanks lottystar! Fingers crossed I can join you on the pregnancy board soon!!

roozocheeks Tue 29-Oct-13 07:11:08

Thanks everyone!
I had ten months with no periods after coming off the pill, started blood tests which showed no hormonal abnormalities, so eventually got referred on to fertility clinic. Apparently I have paused eggs which don't mature on their own, hence the need for clomid. I also started with provera, period felt quite normal on that. Because of my missing cycles, I had urine tests weekly. My spike was between day 14 & 21, I didn't do any self testing as didn't want to put any more pressure on!
I haven't had implantation bleeding, but heard its quite common, just massively tender boobs and cramping just like you lottystar, I think I've gone up a cup size already!
Fingers crossed for everyone waiting, it's one of the hardest parts!

DrSocks Tue 29-Oct-13 07:52:48

Thanks for the welcome and the advice ladies. Huge congrats roozo, it's so reassuring to read your story.

Tested again this morning BFN of course. I have no idea why I bother, day 23 hardly likely to be anything else. More bleeding this morning, I feel like it's probably too heavy to be implantation.

I can't think about anything else. I have exams in less than 2 weeks so have no idea how I'm supposed to revise. Anyone got any good distraction tips? I'm so impressed with those of you who've survived months of this stress!

Lottystar Tue 29-Oct-13 09:05:59

The two week wait is crazy time, there is simply nothing you can do but try and distract yourself and not spend a fortune on pregnancy tests and then face the disappointment of a negative as it is too early anyway, even if you're pregnant.

Drsocks, I'd just literally put anything to do with fertility out of sight and mind for 2 weeks and focus on your exam. Make the rule that you can't test any opks or pregnancy tests etc. Or give yourself a goal at the end of your revision, a new dress, treat if some kind if you manage to revise? It's a tough one so I hope you manage to get the work done that you need xxx

mrshope Tue 29-Oct-13 16:08:49

Hey Dr Socks,
I totally feel your pain - it is hard to think about anything else isn't it?

My advice though if you have exams is to enjoy the distraction - I always find when I am busy it is much easier. If I sit and brood - that is when I have negative thoughts and allow myself distractions.

Like Lottystar - I really recommend booking yourself treats and things to celebrate as otherwise it can feel like a dark tunnel with no light at the end.

You can do though - we all can - we just have to be stronger than other people.

Lots of love and good luck for the exams
x

DrSocks Tue 29-Oct-13 21:10:56

Thanks ladies. My mind is adept and wandering from revision at the best of times so you can imagine what it's like now!

One of the very few things that does distract me is exercise but I really don't know what/how much I really ought to be doing at the moment. Definitely would have been one of the things I would have asked the consultant had I not been bawling! Another one for the list for next time!

X

Lottystar Wed 30-Oct-13 11:10:18

Hi ladies, I'm currently waiting in the early pregnancy unit - I had bleeding in the night so really frightened. Hopefully all will be okay. Pls pray for my little bud xx

kerrylou84 Wed 30-Oct-13 11:10:47

Hey ladies......great news! I rang the doctors this morning for my blood teat results (day 27) and I have ovulated. Just waiting for my doctor to ring back to let me know what the level was. I'm happy with that xxx

bouncingbelle Wed 30-Oct-13 16:08:24

Got everything crossed for you lottystar...my sister had that and has just gone into labour today with a one-week-overdue baby so it doesn't always have to be bad news. Hope that's the case for you xx

Lottystar Wed 30-Oct-13 16:28:26

The baby is gone. Bleeding really heavily now. Utterly sad. I will probably not be on here for a little while whilst I get my head around things. Good luck to you all though.

bouncingbelle Wed 30-Oct-13 16:54:19

Oh lottystar, I'm so sorry. X

j200 Wed 30-Oct-13 17:00:43

So sorry lottystar hmm big hugs xx

roozocheeks Wed 30-Oct-13 17:26:07

So Sorry to hear your news lottystar, thinking of you in this difficult time x

kerrylou84 Wed 30-Oct-13 17:39:16

Ah so so sorry to hear that Lotty, thinking of you xxxx

DrSocks Wed 30-Oct-13 17:53:12

Oh Lotty, so sorry to hear your news. Take care of yourself. x

kerrylou84 Wed 30-Oct-13 18:55:15

I had doctor on the phone earlier......my test show progesterone levels were only 1.7, so I havnt ovulated! I'm on day 32 now, no signs of pregnancy, ovulation or period!xxx

fIngerscrossed123 Wed 30-Oct-13 23:20:32

So sorry lotty, take care Xx remember we are here to talk if you need to X X

mrshope Thu 31-Oct-13 12:41:30

Lottystar - sending big love and hugs to you. I am so so sorry to hear that. Thank you so much for your kindness to me and all the others. Take care of yourself
xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now