So fed up...i'll never get pregnant!

(2 Posts)
DizzyPurple Sun 22-Sep-13 19:11:40

No helpful advice but I know how you feel! Have 2 DD's although a very big age gap. Conceived both very easily the second with my dh. Now have been ttc for 2.5 years with not a hint of a BFP! Feel quite resentful (secretly ish) to the many I've known get pregnant in that time. A close friend of mine has just had her second (of 4) in the time we've been trying. Feels very unfair sometimes. Grr. Hopefully we'll get there in the end! .

erilou38 Sun 22-Sep-13 19:06:30

Just been reading some posts on another fertility website and now in tears and feel angry. I'm 38 and have been trying to conceive for 13 months with no luck. I do have children, whom i conceived very quickly. I have no children with my new partner and he hasn't any of his own so we were keen to have a family together. Iv'e been told there's a possibility i'm in perimenopause as i had a high FSH reading in November last year, but the doctor isn't sure. My periods are irregular. I'm with an NHS infertility clinic and two months ago they found i have 1 or 2 cysts on my ovaries but the nurse didn't think i was premenopausal as my FSH was just 5.2 although my LH and E2 were elevated. I don't know what to think but i'm so pissed off reading about women over 35 who are falling pregnant so easily. This one woman who is 38 just announced she is pregnant after only 2 cycles, the bitch!!! I know i shouldn't feel jealous but i'm trying so hard and getting nowhere. I feel so worn out a nd depressed every day thinking about how much i want a baby. the clinic said i can possibly try Clomid but my next appointment isn't until the end of November. I'm not entitled to any other treatment as i already have children. I really don't know how i can get over it if i never have another baby and i'm so sick of hearing about these older women having babies. It's putting a strain on my marriage as i'm so sad and unhappy all the time. I just want to give my husband a child even though he says he isn't bothered. Last week though when i thought i may have been pregnant my husband seemed pleased. I feel heartbroken that i turned out not to be. I'm considering going to a private clinic and taking a loan out for IVF, even though we can't afford it. I might even consider an egg donor as i'm so desperate .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now