Clomid 2nd time round?

(6 Posts)
plannedshock Tue 17-Sep-13 21:19:14

I'm just curious, I conceived my dd through the help of clomid due to pcos she's 5mths old, I'm not going to try yet but those of you that had clomid for your 1st did you need it for your 2nd? And how did you know you needed it? Did you try naturally again? I never had periods before, haven't had one yet due to bf, when did you go back to let dr know?

SlowlySlowlySlowly Wed 18-Sep-13 20:08:31

I needed 8 cycles of clomid to conceive my DC number 1.

My periods came back after I stopped breast feeding at about 10 months. I was really surprised to find they soon became regular, something they had never been without the clomid when I was TTC previously.

We decided to get on with TTC number 2 as we were thinking it might take a couple of years again. I even went to the GP to ask about when I could get a re-referral back to the fertility clinic. Little did I realise I was already pregnant at that point!!

Good luck with your journey.

plannedshock Thu 19-Sep-13 14:59:49

Thanks for that I was hoping I may get at least 1 period when I finish feeding, we were thinking the same with re: trying ASAP thinking it may take just as long, didn't know if I would have to go back to drs to be referred again!

SlowlySlowlySlowly Fri 20-Sep-13 19:56:59

My GP told me that I would have to be re-referred. But I hope it doesn't come to that for you too!

petalsandstars Sat 21-Sep-13 12:37:33

My nhs trust only gives you treatment for one DC, I had irregular periods after DD1 still but also had some clomid left, so just took it myself without monitoring. DD2 is 3mo now.

SlowlySlowlySlowly Sun 22-Sep-13 12:05:43

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now