Assisted conception after recurrent miscarriage part 5

(1000 Posts)
Mel3062 Sat 14-Sep-13 19:37:59

Hope this is right ladies ...

Pebbles73 Thu 19-Dec-13 20:29:33

Hope it goes ok Mel, are you ttc at the moment or do you have to wait until after the lit?

Was wondering how you were getting on Duggs and sorry you didn't get many make it to day five. I think from what I have been told its always a bit of a risk waiting until day 5 anyway as sometimes none of them make it. The fact that the ones you have put back got to day 5 is a good start and no reason it shouldn't work. Will pm you.

Very interesting though about the sperm dna kicking in on day three and meaning your eggs should be healthy. I was beginning to think mine weren't but maybe is not the case. Although when we had icsi they were quite happy with the sperm. It's such a minefield I just don't know anymore! Anyway keeping everything crossed for you.xx

Waves to everyone and as Mel said hoping 2014 is better for us all.

How is your daughter doing Ari ?

Arianrhod Thu 19-Dec-13 21:29:56

Amen to that pebbles.

Thanks for asking, trouble is I don't know. Just when I think she's getting better, something happens and her symptoms come right back. She's almost completely symptom free again at the moment, but that's probably because she's been resting for the past few days (any physical activity makes her illness worse). I have absolutely no clue where we are with this illness, and no-one else knows either. Which means I have no idea about doing another cycle, and OH is still saying nothing about it either.

Here's to 2014 being a darn sight better for all of us!

duggs1976 Fri 20-Dec-13 04:57:19

Awake 40mg pred insomnia hmm
Pebbles the DNA integrity of sperm can't be seen by microscope so embryologist said it is all visual so unless he has had the dye test you won't really know. I notice even new life test for this now ( or did I imagine this?) if this fails I don't see the point in more IVF for us unless his sperm fragmentation improves if that is the issue again? He hAs andrologists App for 30 dec. so bored of all this crap. Serum is looking like our next stop as Ari said penny tests it there and then. Thanks ari for info. Hope rest of you doing ok. . ?Hope bleeding has subsided before your scan next week !

duggs1976 Fri 20-Dec-13 04:59:00

Sorry that last bit is nothing to do with this thread is other one that I dip in and out of!

duggs1976 Fri 20-Dec-13 04:59:14

Pred one!

duggs1976 Fri 20-Dec-13 05:00:28

Ari on your side r u thinking back to serum with donor embryo?

Arianrhod Fri 20-Dec-13 10:05:51

duggs I know exactly what you mean about being so damn bored of all this cr@p. I can't believe this has gone on for so very long, we've all done all of this stuff to our bodies, and still nothing to show for it. There are times I swear when I think that's enough, it's too late now. Even DD has started saying she doesn't want a little brother or sister anymore, and I think, well with OH not wanting a child either, from what I can tell since he never talks about it, then what's the bl**dy point? Sigh.

Yes it will be donor embryo and donor sperm duggs ... this has all taken so damn long that I no longer believe my own eggs will be any good, and my body has proven again and again that it won't tolerate anything with OH's DNA. So, double donor for us. IF we go again. I still don't have the money and as I say, OH seems totally disinterested.

Merry Crimbo! smile

Mel3062 Sat 21-Dec-13 06:42:05

So sorry to hear that duggs, my hubby has been given proxeed supplement for his sperm, you can buy it on amazon.
Ari it's so hard. My hubby sat looking at how much we've spent so far and nothing to show for it so I'm not sure hel let me keep going for long. My 19 year old is not that supportive either, it's very difficult.
Pebbles we didn't really try last month though Dtd a few times. I should wait until I have blood results back i guess to see if lit has helped ( god I hope so) not having that until 4 weeks or so. I think wel probably still Dtd though and just hope for best.
Good luck to everyone in 2014 x

Mel3062 Sat 21-Dec-13 06:43:06

Can we just cancel Xmas? My mum has decided to break her hip and has been in hospital 2 weeks I'm exhausted!! X

Mel3062 Sat 21-Dec-13 06:49:47

Ari did lit help you at all?

Arianrhod Sat 21-Dec-13 21:31:39

Oh no mel, how awful! So sorry to hear about your mum.

No, I'm afraid LIT did nothing for me - but you have to remember that we have a 100% DQa match and after 6 miscarriages, as it was before our IVF cycle with LIT, my already over-active immune system was extremely fired up against anything with my OH's DNA in it. I don't think LIT could ever have made a difference for us, and even Penny said it was a difficult case and may not work - and she's usually super-positive. You no doubt don't have the same issue that we do. I hope not, anyway!

suemays Sun 22-Dec-13 01:09:35

Hi ladies just got in from a late night out so thought I would post my news. Got the results back from the Erpc and I miscarried a little boy who had downs. I also went to see mr s this week to get some more hydroxy and he told me the food poisoning I got in September probably contributed to the miscarriage. I am glad in a way that i was spared the decision of keeping the pregnancy or not again if it had reached 12 weeks. Brings it home when you find out the sex.
I was annoyed with nlc that I had to pay a new patient fee instead of a follow up (£100 more) as I haven't seen mr s in over a year. It's their policy apparently even though they still have all my notes and know me well. I challenged it but they refused to budge. Very surprising considering how long the miscarriage process is for some of us especially if you don't fall pregnant quickly. So take note ladies if you haven't been back for a while even if you have been in touch with Louise.
Its hard enough to keep going without having the need to question expensive fees! I too am bored of the whole situation.

brownstag Sun 22-Dec-13 08:37:04

I totally understand what you're feeling about your ERPC results, Sue. That was my situation exactly. It is a renewed grief because suddenly you know who you're grieving for, and then, as you say, relief at not having had to go through, for you, yet another horrible decision.
And that is totally out of order about the new patient fee! Absolutely infuriating. Money for old rope. It makes you think you might as well go elsewhere, get another opinion and maybe a better result.
Well, I'm 13dpo and have been knowingly pregnant for 2 days. Already wondering what kind of genetic problem this one is harbouring, but for some reason irrationally optimistic. I think superstitiously so, because 5 years ago it went 'big miscarriage, little miscarriage, DS'. And this year it's been 'big miscarriage, little miscarriage, ... DD or DS'?

brownstag Sun 22-Dec-13 08:43:42

But Sue, and I know this is also maybe irrational, but Down's represents a single genetic error. Just one thing went wrong; otherwise it would have been a perfect egg. I suspect that my other previous months' eggs were far more damaged and never fertilised at all. In my ridiculously optimistic way, I've decided that an egg with Down's represents an improvement and a movement towards that elusive good egg.

suemays Sun 22-Dec-13 10:09:37

brown I never thought of it that way but the end result is still the same - no baby. Glad you are feeling optimistic, I hope this works out for you. Would be lovely for one of the 'old timers' to have success for a change.

Mel3062 Mon 23-Dec-13 11:20:07

Sue I'm so sorry but hope you can have a little comfort from the results, not the right word I know but you know what I mean!
Brown whispering cautious congrats and hope 2014 is your year.
Ari so sorry lit didn't work for you. I'm not itchy this time. Our dq alpha numbers are not the same so I think that's good? Which number do you look at for the lad? I know it has to be above 30? Is it the T cells igm or igg or B cells igm or igg?
I think it's terrible you have to pay out again for mr s, all that money we've all spent sad hubby looked at our file at dr g office it's horrendous money!! There will come a point hel say stop and my 19 year old is not that understanding either!
Waves to you all x

lemonsherbet Mon 23-Dec-13 12:19:32

I am a little bit shocked by the new patient fee. Especially because no timescale was ever given to us. There is no try this for 6 months and if it doesn't work come back.

Pebbles73 Mon 23-Dec-13 13:37:35

Whispered congrats Brown hope this is the one!

Sue I know exactly what you mean that it all seems so much more real when you know the sex. I know it's horrible but must be such a relief you didn't get to the point of having to make a choice over it and on the plus side it wasn't immunes.

Mel so sorry to hear about your Mum, I hope she is on the mend soon.

lemonsherbet Tue 24-Dec-13 21:57:37

Merry Christmas to you all

duggs1976 Fri 27-Dec-13 10:11:51

Well AF arrived on Christmas Day after the IVF round so at least that is definitive. Splendid pred come down these last few days masked by a hangover confused hope all well. Have emailed penny at serum and asked if we can do an embryo harvest test. Cycle me, try half eggs with DH and half D sperm. (Want some young, Grecian, gladiator style Adonis). Also at same time want to have donor egg cycling so can try her young eggs with DH sperm and some of her eggs with geecian Adonis. Whatever we have left at transfer day transfer the best - with our own being a preference and freeze whatever is left to freeze. At least in one cycle time span nature will select the best and we should have some to bank.
DH seeing andrologists on Monday. See what comes out of that! All eyes on him.

Mel3062 Fri 27-Dec-13 12:49:12

Oh duggs really sorry. Good to hear you have a plan good luck with it. Mother Nature certainly picks her moments sad x

lemonsherbet Fri 27-Dec-13 14:36:13

duggs sorry. AF showing up is always rubbish but even worse at xmas day. At least it sounds like you have a plan which I always finds helps. But not sure if that is just me.

brownstag Sat 28-Dec-13 09:27:28

Really sorry to hear that, Duggs. The plan sounds a good one as it really is covering all bases. I suppose you might end up in situation where you put back a mixture of embryos and might not know which one you conceive with? I assume they would put back more than one?
Thanks for all your good wishes, everyone. I still seem to be pregnant, though I don't feel it at all. For me the first week is danger zone no. 1, so that's the first hurdle over. Next stop 8.5 weeks ...

Pebbles73 Sat 28-Dec-13 13:16:21

Oh Duggs I am so sorry to read that, how bloody crap arriving on Xmas day!! Your plan sounds brilliant and covers everything on one go which is great. How soon do you think you will do it?

brownstag Sun 29-Dec-13 12:45:56

Anyone know if you have to taper steroids after being on them for 2.5 weeks? This pregnancy is going nowhere.

This thread is not accepting new messages.