Newbie - success after male factor

(2 Posts)
jennycoast Fri 13-Sep-13 14:17:57

Congratulations. We have 2 DDs who are the result of very similar circumstances. It's awesome - and a bit of a shock!

xxleannejxx Thu 12-Sep-13 14:36:44

Hi everyone
I'll keep this short smile I just wanted to say that my DH had abnormal morphology, motility and low counts - he was told it was highly unlikely he'd conceive naturally and would require IVF - with his first wife they had numerous rounds of IVF which resulted in 1 pregnancy that was sadly miscarried.
Anyway, as for us..... I reluctantly accepted that we may never have a child together (I have 2 from my first marriage) and although I do have two wonderful children it was heart breaking thinking I'd never share that with my now husband..... I started to monitor my ovulating - not obsessionally - but each month i was still sad knowing that we hadn't conceived. We hadn't been using contraception for over a year (during our long distance relationship) then when DH finally moved in with me we spent 6 months TTC properly. I finally got myself in the mind set that after 18 months this wasn't going to happen, so I decided to return to college, I stopped timing when we had sex and just stopped thinking about babies - I think that was my way of coping. Anyway later that month I found out I was pregnant!!!! We just couldn't believe it!!! Especially my husband he said he'd accepted years ago he wouldn't father a child but seeing him now I realise how hard this had actually been on him, the IVF the miscarriage he felt a failure to me and his ex ( he most certainly wasn't but I think that's male pride)... He hadn't really accepted it I don't think he's like a different person now.
I'm currently 10 weeks and 2 days, I've had a scan at 8 weeks and all looked well.... although its early days and much could still happen I just wanted to share my story...... I experienced infertility briefly and the effects it has on a couple and I just wanted to say little miracles do happen, these stories did offer me some comfort and i wanted to say with my DH husbands test results and from what the doctors told him everything looked so negative but like others have said - it ONLY takes 1 sperm to make a baby!
Good luck to everyone x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now