Last chance ivf short protocol

(89 Posts)
Scoops76 Sun 01-Sep-13 22:40:24

My hubby and I are just starting our 3rd ivf cycle (1st 2 failed) and our first cycle of short protocol. Anyone else going through the same thing? Thought I would share my symptoms / stories so far.
Currently on day 7 and off for my first scan tomorrow to see if it is working - will update as I go ;)

Scoops76 Sun 22-Sep-13 01:23:59

Ok ta - tiny bit of spotting this morning but not much did poas but still neg so still not hopefully but you never know! Off on hols for a week tomorrow so looking forward to chilling out in some sunshine. How are you doing raspberry? Good I hope have everything crossed for ou xxx

RaspberrySnowCone Sun 22-Sep-13 06:04:59

I think it's to early to test, give it until next weekend at least but the spotting hasnt increased which is a good sign I expect.

I'm doing ok, bit of an emotional wreck but surviving it!

KnackeredCow Sun 22-Sep-13 07:23:31

It is still early to test so still got my FX for you, Scoops. Enjoy your holiday!

Goandplay Sun 22-Sep-13 21:16:48

Hello sorry for delay in replying. I was due to test on a Saturday and tested the Monday before.

With my first successful cycle I waited until the day I was supposed to and had the faintest line.

Also even though my third cycle resulting in the twins I didn't get a strong line on the day I was supposed to test.

It's so hard.

I'm thinking of you x

I'm hoping for good news for you too.

I'm due to start my first cycle of short protocol Ivf next month and I'm really scared. Was it bad physically? My dh is gong to be away when I start the treatment - I will be on my own for the first week. It's not likely to make me really ill apparently, but I'd still feel better hearing it from people who have been through it themselves.

Thinking of you xx

RaspberrySnowCone Tue 24-Sep-13 13:33:04

Hey scoops, how you getting on? Game over for me, I've started my period and lots of cramping/upset tummy. Completely devastated xx

Scoops76 Fri 27-Sep-13 22:04:45

Raspberry so sorry didn't work x had everything crossed for you how are you doing? Xx

Scoops76 Fri 27-Sep-13 22:06:28

All over for me too full bleed while on hols. Not sure what we do now although have been researching immune problems as might be the issue for us ;( big hugs raspberry just remember you have some frostiness so all is not lost xxx

Scoops76 Fri 27-Sep-13 22:08:19

Stillhopingstillhere the actual process isn't too bad - I think we all want it do bad we just get on with it - the wait once they put them back is the worst bit - good luck x

RaspberrySnowCone Tue 01-Oct-13 11:07:55

Oh scoops I'm so sorry sad tis shit isn't it. One week on today for me, have had a little cry and what not. Aliviated misery slightly on the weekend by putting a deposit down on a gorgeous chocolate cocker spaniel pup smile we can't face thinking about IVF again for a good while so will have out follow up appointment in November then leave it til next summer before we think about it again

Scoops76 Tue 01-Oct-13 21:13:35

Oh raspberry fab news on dog - we got a choc lab puppy after our first round who is my sanity ;) spoke to my clinic today as we ave no Nhs rounds left. They recommended to see the consultant and see if the Nhs will pay for genetic testing and/ or immunity testing - not sure how old you are but if you are over 35 they might do this for you as well - worth a check xx

RaspberrySnowCone Tue 01-Oct-13 22:32:04

I am only 30 although will be 31 in December. We haven't booked our consultation appt yet to review everything, just can't face it right now, I feel so utterly horrible.
I'm so glad we are getting puppy. He will definitely be a distraction!

KnackeredCow Wed 02-Oct-13 17:02:59

Scoops and Raspberry, I am so very sorry to read your awful news. I have no words to say. It 's crushing when it fails and nothing can make it better. hmm

We have a chocolate labrador. He was such good company throughout our journey to both me and DH.

Scoops76 Wed 02-Oct-13 18:38:08

Raspberry - feel your pain xxx just take your time and reflect and then decide what to do next I am sure it will all work out - in the meantime enjoy your 'practice' with the puppy - they definitely test you in the first few months xx
Knackered- thnks had some time to reflect with our woof and I'll take a deep breath and try again after a long break x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now