Trigger shot false positive?

(4 Posts)
gatsby79 Tue 18-Jun-13 10:54:52

I am on my first round of clomid and was given a trigger shot 13 days ago. My fertility doc told me to expect my period 14 to 17 days later. I know my period isn't due until tomorrow at the earliest but I caved and used a First Response early pregnancy test. It was positive. Now I'm worried it was only because the trigger shot is not out of my system. Any advice?

helenlouisey Tue 18-Jun-13 20:53:22

Hi gatsby, I think there's a good chance you're pregnant, when I did IVF I was told it would take approx 10 days for the trigger shot to leave my system. I think the only way you're going to know for sure is the get a beta HCG done 48 hours apart or wait a few days and test again with a home pregnancy test.

Best of luck, and fingers crossed

freelancescientist Tue 18-Jun-13 21:04:43

That trigger shot will be well out of your system by now. Sounds like congratulations are in order..........!

gatsby79 Wed 19-Jun-13 08:06:06

Thanks. The First Response test that I did yesterday was strongly positive but I also did a Boots cheapie one and got a faint positive. Did another Boots one this morning and still faintly positive. I did one of those Boots ones on Sunday and it was negative so I am hopeful. Won't believe it unless I keep testing positive over the weekend. It's driving me crazy because I don't want to tell my husband until I know for sure!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now