ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Comparing overseas clinics' success rates

(6 Posts)
Rowenna Sun 28-Jul-13 09:03:20

Hi, I am 37 and currently having IVF treatment at Bumrungrad International Hospital in Bangkok, T'land.
I don't know the success rates - but have met other patients who come from all over the world because of their reputation for excellence and (relatively) low cost. The hospital is very high tech, quite superb - as are the medical staff.
My IVF cycle is not yet complete but I produced 14 eggs. 13 of them matured and became embryos ~ the staff were not remotely surprised. I feel that the level of attention and individual care I have received here is exceptional. There is never any unnecessary waiting and the nurses even call me at home to check I am ok! I'll let you know how it goes...

The hospital recommend arriving in Bkk 1 week prior to your period for a full consultation and any necessary testing. They estimate 3 weeks for IVF treatment ~ so in total you are really looking at being here for a month.

Best of luck! Wenna

colafrosties Sun 30-Jun-13 23:46:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

iwantavuvezela Fri 28-Jun-13 22:46:41

If you look at fertility friends website there is information here on clinics add success rates. Good luck

happyeverafterhome Fri 28-Jun-13 22:44:59

Thanks for your post Louise3, how did you end up in Kiev? What I am struggling with is how to find out information about clinics to compare them. Is is just a case of going through them one by one with a list of questions (if so, what questions).. Thanks again

louise3louise3 Tue 18-Jun-13 00:19:52

We used the Bridge Centre in London for egg donation as I had an early menopause. Aged 44 and 9 months went to Isida clinic in Kiev and conceived twins first time. Gave birth at 29 weeks aged 45 years 4 months naturally to non identical girls. Now 4 and gorgeous; would highly recommend but do a mock cycle before as I feel this helped (I already had a naturally conceived son). Fingers crossed for you x

happyeverafterhome Mon 17-Jun-13 21:43:09

Hi, does anyone know where you can compare success rates of overseas fertility clinics? I am 44 and looking for somewhere that is good with people in my bracket, if there is such a thing... Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now