Comparing overseas clinics' success rates

(6 Posts)
Rowenna Sun 28-Jul-13 09:03:20

Hi, I am 37 and currently having IVF treatment at Bumrungrad International Hospital in Bangkok, T'land.
I don't know the success rates - but have met other patients who come from all over the world because of their reputation for excellence and (relatively) low cost. The hospital is very high tech, quite superb - as are the medical staff.
My IVF cycle is not yet complete but I produced 14 eggs. 13 of them matured and became embryos ~ the staff were not remotely surprised. I feel that the level of attention and individual care I have received here is exceptional. There is never any unnecessary waiting and the nurses even call me at home to check I am ok! I'll let you know how it goes...

The hospital recommend arriving in Bkk 1 week prior to your period for a full consultation and any necessary testing. They estimate 3 weeks for IVF treatment ~ so in total you are really looking at being here for a month.

Best of luck! Wenna

colafrosties Sun 30-Jun-13 23:46:19

Hi, we did this 4 years ago, and emailed quite a few clinics with questions and also looked at their web sites to compare. It is quite hard to compare as they all give information in slightly different ways, and often they don't quote actual numbers of live births as they don't always have that info if their patients don't keep in touch. We went to Reprofit in Brno in the Czech Republic, and now have DS aged 3 (egg from donor). Fertility Friends is a great resource. I can dig out our list of questions and pm you if you like.

iwantavuvezela Fri 28-Jun-13 22:46:41

If you look at fertility friends website there is information here on clinics add success rates. Good luck

happyeverafterhome Fri 28-Jun-13 22:44:59

Thanks for your post Louise3, how did you end up in Kiev? What I am struggling with is how to find out information about clinics to compare them. Is is just a case of going through them one by one with a list of questions (if so, what questions).. Thanks again

louise3louise3 Tue 18-Jun-13 00:19:52

We used the Bridge Centre in London for egg donation as I had an early menopause. Aged 44 and 9 months went to Isida clinic in Kiev and conceived twins first time. Gave birth at 29 weeks aged 45 years 4 months naturally to non identical girls. Now 4 and gorgeous; would highly recommend but do a mock cycle before as I feel this helped (I already had a naturally conceived son). Fingers crossed for you x

happyeverafterhome Mon 17-Jun-13 21:43:09

Hi, does anyone know where you can compare success rates of overseas fertility clinics? I am 44 and looking for somewhere that is good with people in my bracket, if there is such a thing... Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now