Technical questions about IVF with one ovary

(4 Posts)
Boygirl5 Thu 04-Jul-13 23:37:35

My first IVF (although unexplained infertility) I had 7 or 8 eggs of which only four fertilised. Two were put back, I had twins. Good luck x

ellangirl Tue 18-Jun-13 21:04:29

Thank you hoophopes (did you know that autocorrects to homophobes!!) I will talk to the clinic. I think fewer eggs would be ok if the swimmers were working properly, but given the severity of my DH's problem, I needed lots of eggs!

Hoophopes Fri 14-Jun-13 22:23:01

I think the average number of treatments is 3 for success so the fact you were successful on 2nd go is encouraging. Can you book a review appointment with where you were treated before? I imagine one ovary is less eggs but they could perhaps give you more stimulation to increase the number? I only managed 5 eggs with two ovaries so 11 sounds an encouraging place to start with. I am sure your hospital can reassure you more.

It is hard that desire to have a 2nd when feel so thankful for one, well I find so anyway.

ellangirl Fri 14-Jun-13 13:59:07

Hi, I had two round of IVF with ICSI to conceive my dd. I had 11 mature eggs both times (but lots of follicles). Now I only have one ovary left due to one becoming twisted while I was pregnant. If if was stupid enough to want to go through IVF again, would I expect half the number of eggs I.e. 5/6?

I'm trying to be realistic about chances of success seeing as it was a male factor issue which meant we needed treatment, and from 22 eggs over the 2 cycles only one 'worked' so if I have far fewer eggs the chances are not good. I'm finding it hard to come to terms with the fact that I won't get any more babies, though I know I should consider myself lucky...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now