Please share your success stories...

(6 Posts)
Blending Wed 29-May-13 10:21:55

I am celebrating my twins being born on the 20th of May, one of each flavour.

We also have a DD 29 months who took us 6 years of heartache and every treatment from Clomid, fresh IVF to finally sucess with FET!

This time it was a FET with poor quality embryos...one was really fragmented, and hadn't divided evenly, and only at 5 cell after day 4 The other had low grades too and was at the 8 cell stage.

You can imagine our shock when we hit the jackpot with Twins!

I have popped back as I know that I loved to hear that it can work and it gave me a pick me up especially when it was against the odds with poor quality embryos.

Tell me about your success stories and share a little hope.

DuelingFanjo Wed 29-May-13 10:29:03

I had such a low AMH that they said I might not be allowed to have IVF. I had appealed a decision by my local health board (They said I was too old for IVF on the NHS) because the referral had taken so long. I won the appeal and within 2 months was starting the short protocol for IVF.

I now have a 2 and a half year old son as a result of my one and only shot at IVF. They had 4 fair quality embryos and put 2 in. The other two they were unable to freeze so I am really glad it worked.

I changed my diet completely, started acupuncture and bingo. I am very grateful.

DuelingFanjo Wed 29-May-13 10:29:21

PS - Congratulations on your twins smile

OpheliasWeepingWillow Mon 10-Jun-13 15:15:49

Desperate low AMH but low FSH (!), no ovulation for years and years. Failed Clomid. Failed IUI. Went for IVF privately. 9 eggs, 6 frozen embryos, three blastocysts, two transferred, 1 DD with curly hair and a brilliant laugh. Took 10 years but got there.

Muswelly Thu 13-Jun-13 17:44:12

We had to do IVF as our only option and only found out 2 years into trying. Another 7 months on a waiting list later, we had our go in February. We transferred 2 3day embryos and I just had my 20 week scan of our healthy little baby that is due Nov 4th. :-)

Andcake Sat 15-Jun-13 13:48:50

Prior to ttc I was panicking about my age and looked into egg freezing as I had only been with DP a short while. At 36 I had a amh of 0.1 and fsh of 12. Horrified spoke to DP who suggested ttc and in 6 mo seeing nhs dr. DP basically committed to me that night! V random.
Later that year nhs dr confirmed v low fertility I was having a period around every 20 days. Anyway after being refused ivf by nhs 2 private clinics basically saying they would be immoral to take my money 4 yrs later I'm sat here with ds 10 mo. I adapted my diet I took dhea, 100 b6 and a bunch of other sups. Stopped drinking did loads of yoga etc. I had 2 mc on way and it was a horrid time in my life but he's here grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now