Can acupuncture boost fertility?

(10 Posts)
GrumpyKat Mon 17-Jun-13 20:44:31

IVF success with acupuncture here.

happyeverafterhome Mon 17-Jun-13 20:40:22

I had acupuncture from someone with a specific interest in helping couples to concieve, and had my baby when I was 42. I cannot say it was causal, I think on balance it probably did make the difference.

OpheliaBumps Wed 29-May-13 22:28:51

My successful ivf cycle was with acupuncture, I do feel that it contributed to the success.

wifeymerrick Wed 29-May-13 22:23:05

I loved it....had 2 failed ivfs and my last successful one was supported by accupuncture....now having ir again for other issues....strong Yes from me !

Andcake Sun 26-May-13 11:27:31

I tried it- hated it made me really stressed and actually think it ontributed to one early mc. The only thing I found calming and think helped a little was yoga as when I felt my body was totally out of my control I learnt I could make it do things. A handstand at 35 for example. Mad but it gave me another focus and I think warmed up some of my organs if that makes sense.

Gigondas Wed 22-May-13 15:18:55

I think it does as it helped me have two successful pregnancies - I didn't use it when I mc or lost baby late. That may be because helped me relax /feel less tired (it does help that) but I think it helps.

That said you need a properly trained practicioner who you trust. Not all acupuncturists are the same.

KLM1985 Wed 22-May-13 15:10:20

Thanks for your comments.

Waiting to start IVF.... a friend of mine had acupuncture through treatment she is now 14 weeks pregnant :-)

Happilymarried155 Wed 22-May-13 12:11:39

We have been doing Accupuncture for over a year now. It hasn't worked so far, but it does help me relax I'm not sure if that's theory behind it!!!

higherhill Wed 22-May-13 11:58:56

Both me and dh had it for about 2 months and then gave up. we were at our lowest point then, so maybe that's why it did'nt work, or maybe we needed to carry on for longer. Who knows??

KLM1985 Wed 22-May-13 11:41:18

Been having acupuncture for about a month now does it boost fertility?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now