clomid and possible hyperthyroidism

(3 Posts)
stmalo Tue 23-Apr-13 13:22:05

thanks rainbowbreeze :-)

rainbowbreeze Sun 21-Apr-13 09:47:57

I would say find out about you thyroid and if it is overactive get that stable before you take clomid to give it the best chance. I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid a few months into ttc and had to stabilise it before having any tests..I forget what the levels called when they test your thyroid but it needs to be under 2 when ttc

stmalo Fri 19-Apr-13 17:09:01

Just to give a bit of background, I miscarried 14.5 week 2 years ago, and again at 7-8 weeks in novemeber. In between the two I lost 7.5 stone and am a healthy bmi and 40yrs old. I had a referral, and had lots of blood tests, all came back negative including lupus screen. However theday 21 test was abysmal so I'm going to be put on clomid, and there was a borderline result for hyperthyroidism hmm for which they would like to do a second test in a couple of months time. I went away thinking well I've struggled with weight gain for years so its not going to be overactive thryoid - but when I looked at the symptoms online I was really shocked - moody, irritable, irregular periods, tired all the time, trembling etc to name a few! all of which I'd put down to stress. I'm a bit concerned now and wondering if I should go back to my GP and ask for the thyroid test to be redone sooner. However I am due to go onto clomid next month, and now I'm thinking if I do have a thryoid problem, is this going to cause problems with clomid? I don't know enough about this! blushx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now