Pcos and big cyst

(4 Posts)
JadeMarie92 Sun 07-Apr-13 17:01:39

Hi thanks for replying, i find it really hard to diet as i put on weight through the injection as i used to be size 8-10 and now 12-14! How could I get hold of the PCOS hand book?

EuroShaggleton Sat 06-Apr-13 13:55:13

Hi there.

Losing some weight and keeping your blood sugar stable by eating low GI foods can help PCOS enormously.

Losing weight is imo 75% and 25% exercise, so going to the gym is great, but you will need to combine it with eating fewer calories if you want to shift the weight. You probably already know, but some PCTs require you to be a certain BMI before they will give you fertility treatment, so it is definitely worth trying to get the weight under control while you are waiting for treatment.

Have you discovered the PCOS Handbook by Colette Harris & Theresa Cheung? It was a revelation for me. I also learned a lot from the Verity PCOS forum.

G'luck

JadeMarie92 Fri 05-Apr-13 23:36:27

I know worrying about things doesn't help with trying to conceive but when you try for 2years and keep failing its hard not to worry sad

JadeMarie92 Fri 05-Apr-13 23:35:09

Hi i was diagnosed with PCOS about 1 year ago, i was referred i a gyne as i am trying to conceive with no hope sad the gyne wasn't much help at all!! All i was told is if idisnt concieve in next year to return to the doctors and may have to go on ivf but not until im 24 which is another 3yeArs away /: I've had pain for past couple of weeks and now found out through a scan yesterday that i have big cysts on each ovary but dont know whats goig to happen as i need the results to go back to doctors first. Its been getting me really down as its frustrating trying to conceive, my weight dont help but as people knw with PCOS its hard to shift your weight ive been goi to gym 4x a week and still nothing shifting?! I just want some answers or something cause all im getting is negative thoughts sad(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now