8% mobility, consultant unconcerned?!

(2 Posts)
quickdowntonson Sat 30-Mar-13 00:40:41

I know that sounds low, but millions of swimmers are ejaculated each time (sorry!). My DH motility was 6% and we have 2 children, and a 3rd pregnancy (miscarriage). So should be ok. X

Dancingthroughthefire Thu 21-Mar-13 20:21:25

Sorry, this is my second thread on this.

I have to get the full report on the sa tomorrow.
However initially speaking with the consultant this afternoon he said that the count and morphology were normal but motility was 8%.

He said that this was not the reason we are struggling to conceive and that current thinking now states that as long as some sperm are mobile then there isn't a problem.

However all my research from dr google suggests otherwise. And some people are actually told they need Ivf to conceive with a motility not as low as my dh's!

The lab have asked for the test to be repeated. I will say that it took me an hour and a quarter to deliver the test which may not have helped. Leaflet stated within an hour but I got stuck in traffic and then couldn't park so was delayed.

Surely with a result that low the consultant should have been a bit more concerned though?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now