Yay, ivf referral through!

(8 Posts)
Lolapink Wed 10-Apr-13 03:43:02

I waited 7 years to get my chance at ivf, we get one go with our PCT but I was thrilled when I got that letter! Luckily it ended in a BFP I am 6 weeks pregnant so still have a long way to go. I stopped alcohol and caffeine 3 months before treatment. Ate really healthily, I also got H to start taking wellman conception once a day, he also gave up alcohol and caffeine. Good luck x

GinAndSlimlinePlease Mon 25-Mar-13 10:03:10

sounds like you've really had to wish to get your three cycles, they really don't make it easy for us, do they!

sounds like we might be having treatment at the same time.

I'm still struggling to get ready for the treatment. I had only one gin and tonic this weekend, but I did have lots of tea and a really bad diet.

New day, new week though. And I have my second acupuncture appointment this afternoon. which made me feel most chilled and positive last time.

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Mon 25-Mar-13 09:58:53

Gin 3 cycles is what my pct offer if you meet their criteria. I'm very very fortunate I know. Despite that I had my IVF referral rejected 4 times for one reason or another. In fact it took nearly 10 months just to get accepted. So it has felt like a real uphill struggle to get this far.

I have to wait for our letter to come from HFEA to say we are registered with them before we can request treatment. The hospital can then refuse if they are too busy & you have to wait until your next cycle. Apparently they can turn you down twice but they have to accept you on the third request. So I could easily be waiting a few months as well.

You never know we could be having our treatment at the same time grin

GinAndSlimlinePlease Thu 21-Mar-13 22:14:40

Yay on your referralgrin 3 cycles is great, how did you manage to get three?

I feel the same about taking any chances. At this moment it's the hope. We had two years and not a whiff of a bfp. Then straight after my fertility appointment for the referral I got one naturally. But it wasn't meant to be so I lost my little onesad

As it took us two years to conceive, and I have known fertility problems, the lovely fertility consultant still referred us.

I'm now waiting for my appointment. I won't be able to start ivf until I've had a few normal cycles. had a scan today and apparently things are back to normal so I just need to wait.

I hope everything goes well for you.

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Thu 21-Mar-13 21:54:09

Sorry to hear about your loss. I am on day 1 of clean living after appointment to sign consents & get treatment plan yesterday. I'm already hankering after chocolate and wineI don't know how I'm going to keep this up for a few months shock

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Thu 21-Mar-13 21:50:47

Yay Gin smile I had to fight for our IVF referral. After a lot of complaining & making myself unpopular we have finally been accepted for 3 cycles on the nhs. I'm very grateful.

Are you just waiting for an appointment now?

I don't know about you but I feel like we have had no chance so far (why has it not happened in the last 3 years hmm) so 20% chance seems pretty good grin

GinAndSlimlinePlease Thu 21-Mar-13 16:59:48

sensible words of wisdom welcomed!

I suppose I best cut out the caffeine and alcohol now! I was doing so well but with my miscarriage I thought wtf and have gone up to two cups of tea a day shock

GinAndSlimlinePlease Thu 21-Mar-13 16:58:27

I know I only have a 20% chance of success. And that it might end in miscarriage. And that ivf is a real strain to go through.

But I am so pleased to get my referral through. Two fresh cycles of IVF! Yay, thank you nhs for giving me hope grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now